Friday Wrap-Up

Woot! Friday! And this Friday is the bestest of Fridays because this afternoon, the Husband and I are heading on a mini-break to Graz. For about 6 months we have been thinking of going away (just us two) but things kept popping up. Now it is official, we are going away for the weekend. I am really excited! Oh the TV we will watch! I cannot wait! So let's have a Friday wrap-up!

Saturday: Did Bikram in the morning then headed to my friend's place for a bit. She didn't remember which capsules were caffeine-heavy and which ones were caffeine-free so we had two cups each of the varying kind. I believe both were caffeine-heavy. I flew a little. Then we headed to the supermarket and picked up provisions for my low-carb style lasagne and cheesecake. We got home, I made dinner, we chatted, we ate and then called it a night.

Sunday: Friend joined me at Bikram and then came over for some coffee and more sweating. The rest of the morning involved laundry and cleaning. In the afternoon I headed to the birthday party of my friend's adorable 2 year old. He is a doll with a little British accent and all I want to do is teach him to say "oh how lovely you are, Tova" Bucket list. I stayed for a couple of hours and then headed to McDonalds to pick up dinner because I am, if not anything, a perfect mother.

Monday: Workity work. Headed home for an hour. Then headed out to a cute tapas bar in the 4th with a friend. It's called Manzana and it is a super lovely place with great food! There is an outside seating area on Apfelgasse and the service was fantastic. Wine was drunk, tapas inhaled and I give an enthusiastic two thumbs up!
Tapas translated into English means "EAT ME"


Tuesday: Workity work. Then home to make a Mexican meal of tacos and nachos and wine. A friend joined us for dinner and I think I hit my limit in pepperjack cheese consumption. I have no regrets.
I'll always remember our time together fondly

Wednesday: Workity work. Then I briefly met my friend for a drink but before that I decided to buy a new outfit and shoes because I was heading to a Meet and Greet and felt orca-like. I changed in the bathroon and then headed to Sand and the City to meet some peeps, drink a violet infused white wine spritzer and eat french fries because I couldn't be assed to head to another stall to get a decent meal.

Thursday: Workity work. And then home to start my French meal which I wrote about below. Friend came over, we ate, we talked and then she headed home. I packed. Wrote a couple of blog post drafts. And then promptly passed out dreaming of two nights of uninterrupted sleep in another city.

So this brings us to Friday. Yay! The Husband and I are finally taking a trip together - just the two of us. We haven't ever left the city together without the Kid for more than a day. A little unnerving but I know that we truly truly need this weekend to re-connect after such a craptastic year. I wish you all a great weekend! Back online on Monday! Holla!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge