Fitbit and Bite Me

Sup? Sup? Sup? The week is winding down and this weekend the Husband and I are taking another weekend trip. Just the two of us and a barrel of wine. The Mother in Law has generously offered to take care of the Kid once again and we figured it would be good for us to take advantage of her offer... before she changes her mind. We are heading to Waidhofen an der Ybbs which is about a 90 minute train ride from Vienna. We have already stayed in this town... and actually, the same hotel, but that was years ago, before child. Before exhaustion. Before real life. I'm looking forward to some fresh air and to finally getting to go into this castle.

Last time we were here, it was under construction and the Husband took away my grappling hooks to scale the walls.

Dammit G! Just let me see their colour scheme.

The town is along a rapidy river and if I remember correctly, there is a nice walking path through the forest. I cannot wait! P.S. if you don't hear from me by Monday, G did it.

In other news, the Husband has a business trip tonight - in town but has decided that instead of staying at the hotel, he'd rather come home to which I responded with "Why?" The Kid was put to bed 30 minutes ago but keeps coming out intermittently which is turning me into Bethenny Frankel vs. Kelly Bensimon.

I'm getting off track here. A few weeks ago, a friend went out and bought the Fitbit Flex. This little bracelet type thing records steps taken, your quality of sleep and calories burned. Their handy dandy website is also great for a food log and weight goals and cheers you on. The initial goal is 10,000 steps a day. After hearing her rave about it, I waited to pick a fight with the Husband to be able to justify me buying one. No real fight came so I finally went yesterday and boy was she right, this thing is AWESOME!

It is user friendly and I got one in pink because duh. I started my day off with my normal morning walk, got the Kid up, waited for the Mother in law to come, walked to the Ubahn station, got to work, did my office stuff and BOOM! by 11:30, I was already at 10,000 steps. I also decided to eat for the Duggar family and recorded my calories.
16 bagels and counting
That was a shock. Or perhaps a scientific experiment. Yes, I ate more than I do on a regular day but what surprised me the most was that on a normal day, I actually get a lot exercise. I'm currently at 16,000 steps and still have an hour or two until I crash. So what's the moral of the story? I can exercise until the cows come home, but if I don't eat right, I won't get anywhere. Stuff I knew but now can see. Lightning bolt moment.

So eventhough the 12 week challenge doesn't start until Monday, I feel like today was the last day to go a little nutso with the bad food/life choices. This bracelet will hopefully be a great tool to keep me on track. Slowly I bid you all a good night. The Kid has once again snuck out of his bed and is currently in our bed watching me type and getting high off my everything bagel and pepper jack cheese breath. Nighty night and see y'all tomorrow morning!


Comments

  1. YoBit lets you to claim FREE COINS from over 100 different crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha one time and claim as many as coins you want from the available offers.

    After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and keep claiming.

    You can press CLAIM as much as 30 times per one captcha.

    The coins will stored in your account, and you can exchange them to Bitcoins or USD.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge