Back to the Grind

Back to work and back to semi-normal life. I have a 3 day work week because I am flying to Zurich and then taking a train to Germany on Thursday evening for the funeral on Friday. Wish me luck that I don't end up in France. And I am totally being serious about that. When I had to meet the Husband on Friday for our trip to Graz, I told him I would take the city train to meet him. He wrote me like 3 times to make sure I knew to get on the right train. I'm sorry that I have the worst sense of direction, dude. Just cause I call you once in a while for you to look up my location on Google Maps when I get lost in a district I am not familiar with does not mean I can't find the right train. It happened only 10 times. Get over it. Jeeeeeez. Anyway, I know that the Husband is currently printing out schedules of every possible train I can take on Thursday night to get to my final destination. He worries so.

Our weekend trip away was amahzing. Will write about that in a day or so. Yesterday morning I hit up Bikram to sweat out all my bad life choices from the weekend. It felt good to sweat and I regret nothing. Well, a little. I do regret all the cheese I consumed. I have a problem.

In other news, I am excited to announce that I sent out the invite for our annual Halloween party. It will be on October 25th and I am pumped. I usually try to hold off until September but I couldn't help myself. I also ended up buying some orange and black wool because Mama needs a Halloween infinity scarf. I started last night and as I wrote on Facebook, it initially looked like a re-usable tampon but after an hour, it is starting to look a little better - now like a re-usable sanitary napkin. GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY!

Since Halloween is, like, only two and a half months away, I have a lot to do. Since we are hosting the party in our new place, I have to totally re-think the decorations. I am going for elegant, I am going for gothic, I am going for Martha Stewart will call me and say "Gurl, your place so fiiiiiiine" Just like that. She'll say it just like that. I know it. Last year, in November, I purchased a couple of Martha Stewart Halloween magazines and I have still not cracked them open. I am amazed at my patience and resolve. Stale croissant on the counter? MIINE! NOM! NOM! NOM! Unopened Halloween magazines chock full of ghastly delight? Wait a year. Weird. So I am setting up a date with myself, some red wine in my skull glass and black candles a-blazing on September 1st. The Husband better make other plans because I will be busy.

And, edited to add, since I wrote most of this last night, I am shocked by the passing of Robin Williams. He was one of the greats and I will never forget the laughter he brought. You were a king among men. May you finally rest in peace. I'm going to cry again.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dressing your Pear Shaped Figure

The Kid's Birthday Party and Holding it Together the Best I Can

How to Dress Rich - Old Money