Back to the Grind

Back to work and back to semi-normal life. I have a 3 day work week because I am flying to Zurich and then taking a train to Germany on Thursday evening for the funeral on Friday. Wish me luck that I don't end up in France. And I am totally being serious about that. When I had to meet the Husband on Friday for our trip to Graz, I told him I would take the city train to meet him. He wrote me like 3 times to make sure I knew to get on the right train. I'm sorry that I have the worst sense of direction, dude. Just cause I call you once in a while for you to look up my location on Google Maps when I get lost in a district I am not familiar with does not mean I can't find the right train. It happened only 10 times. Get over it. Jeeeeeez. Anyway, I know that the Husband is currently printing out schedules of every possible train I can take on Thursday night to get to my final destination. He worries so.

Our weekend trip away was amahzing. Will write about that in a day or so. Yesterday morning I hit up Bikram to sweat out all my bad life choices from the weekend. It felt good to sweat and I regret nothing. Well, a little. I do regret all the cheese I consumed. I have a problem.

In other news, I am excited to announce that I sent out the invite for our annual Halloween party. It will be on October 25th and I am pumped. I usually try to hold off until September but I couldn't help myself. I also ended up buying some orange and black wool because Mama needs a Halloween infinity scarf. I started last night and as I wrote on Facebook, it initially looked like a re-usable tampon but after an hour, it is starting to look a little better - now like a re-usable sanitary napkin. GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY!

Since Halloween is, like, only two and a half months away, I have a lot to do. Since we are hosting the party in our new place, I have to totally re-think the decorations. I am going for elegant, I am going for gothic, I am going for Martha Stewart will call me and say "Gurl, your place so fiiiiiiine" Just like that. She'll say it just like that. I know it. Last year, in November, I purchased a couple of Martha Stewart Halloween magazines and I have still not cracked them open. I am amazed at my patience and resolve. Stale croissant on the counter? MIINE! NOM! NOM! NOM! Unopened Halloween magazines chock full of ghastly delight? Wait a year. Weird. So I am setting up a date with myself, some red wine in my skull glass and black candles a-blazing on September 1st. The Husband better make other plans because I will be busy.

And, edited to add, since I wrote most of this last night, I am shocked by the passing of Robin Williams. He was one of the greats and I will never forget the laughter he brought. You were a king among men. May you finally rest in peace. I'm going to cry again.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge