Feeling Better

Yesterday was a rough morning. It was Easter Sunday and it was early and as I sipped my coffee and thought about how I was looking forward to a family day, I saw that someone had commented on my blog. I was excited because it meant that someone had read said blog and actually took the time to comment. I opened up the comment and was confronted by "Maybe if you spent more time taking care of the kid, you'd hear first hand what the daycare people say" 

Knife through the heart. I sat there in shock and then I cried. I cried and I cried and felt like I should just check out for a little while. And then I got mad. I got mad that someone Anonymous (who I probably actually know) could make me feel this way. I got mad not just for me, but mad for all the mothers out there. And then there was such an outpouring of support and love and I was touched. And I want to say thank you to all the people who took the time to write a comment. You ladies be awesome! Thank you. But I want to address Anonymous one last time and then forever hold my peace and so here is my open letter to whoever wrote that because congratulations, you hurt me but in the end, made me stronger.

Dear Anonymous,

I'm not sure why you wrote what you did. Does it give you pleasure to hurt someone so maliciously? I don't know if I have ever done anything to you or if just my actual presence bothers you and if so, block me, ignore my blog, put me out of your mind. I am a mother, a wife, a sibling, a daughter, a friend and I have feelings. I have people who care about me as I am sure you have people that care about you as well. And I am sure you care about people as well. Just imagine how much it would hurt to know that the person you love the most is being insulted and hurt. This very thought is what has put me on a path of kindness the past two years. The birth of my son has made me a better person and I will do everything in my power to protect and nurture him and the thought of someone bullying him makes me want to die.

Anonymous, why do you hate me so much? Why would you go after the one thing that is so obviously a sensitive point. Every morning I get my son up and save for one night a week, I put my son to bed. I work my 40 hours because I have to but otherwise I spend as much time as I can with my son. But, really, why must I justify myself to you? To the person who thinks I am scum? I know I am a good mother and to tell you the truth, every mother I know is a good mother. It doesn't matter if you work or if you stay at home, there will always be judgement and you went after the most sensitive thing you could. Bravo, you made me feel like shit. 

I should just let this go. I really should. And I will. I just want you to take a good hard look at yourself. I bet you think you are a good person, a good friend, a good partner. I am sure for the most part you are but please search inside yourself and let the hate go. I have. It is liberating. Be an adult, don't bully. Ignore if you hate someone. Hate is controlling and causes wrinkles. LET ME GO AND BE THE HAPPY PERSON YOU SHOULD BE! I did it, I feel free.

Kind regards,
Me


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge