Crazy Week

Super happy it is Friday! What a week. The Kid was unbelievably ill this week but seems to be on the mend. I do not handle my Kid being sick well, at all. I am a blubbery mess and a stress case. The Husband stayed home 2.5 days and I stayed home Wednesday afternoon. Luckily my mother in law is back in town so she could help out yesterday and today.

I am a lot calmer now than I was earlier in the week. While the Husband was at home he received text messages from me every 10 minutes.

Me: How's his fever? Is he eating? Did you give him medicine?
Me: How's his fever? Is it going down?
Me: Is he eating? Is everything alright?
Me: Please text me and tell me everything is alright?!?!
Me: Why aren't you texting me back? Is everything alright?!?!
Me: JUST TEXT ME "OK" IF HE IS OK!!!

G: Ok

At this point my head explodes and I swear a swift and brutal vengeance. And yes, I do panic a little too much. I blame Google. But it seems we are over the worst and he is starting to act like a jerk (the Kid) which means he is getting better. Just yesterday he picked up a bowl of animal crackers, looked me in the eye and poured them onto the floor. I love that little demon.

Besides the awesome awesome news that he is doing so much better, I actually hit the gym 4 times this week aaaand totally stuck to my new way of eating. I am down 7 pounds and feel absolutely effingrriffic. My stomach problems have completely disappeared and I am not feeling one little iota deprived. I am especially proud of the fact that I did not stress eat like I usually do. Yay me. Way to go! Keep up the good work.

The challenge is always weekends but I am a maam with a plan and save for Saturday night dinner and some heavy drinking (we are staying at a hotel sans child and get to sleep in- woot woot!) I will be sticking to my way of eating. I'm not saying diet because it isn't a diet. The word diet, after a week or two, usually sends me into a tailspin and makes me steal pieces of toast from the Kid. Not cool. So there you have it. Happy Friday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge