The Student has Become the Master - I hope

I love giving gifts. It truly is a joy for me. Yes, receiving is awesome but giving, in a way, is so much awesomer. I like to search for the perfect gift. I spend time thinking about the person I am buying for. Sometimes it is a challenge but that is the whole fun of it. Sometimes I make gifts because sometimes someone has everything they want so sometimes a handmade gift just fits the bill. It isn't about the money, it is the thought. I have received so many awesome gifts throughout my life. Just yesterday, during our office Secret Santa, I received a spectacular gift (it helps that one of my bestest friends in the world is a co-worker and happened to pick moi and she knows me so so so well). I got this! SQUEAL!!!


Dresses for everybody! I'll Oprah you all with dresses! This book comes with patterns! I be so psyched!!!

But yes, while receiving is great. Giving is awesome. Last year, I have to admit, I was disappointed with the Husband's gift giving. Before you call me a biotch, let me just tell you that yes, yes I am. But I am biotch with a big heart. I had spent all of December searching for the perfect gifts for friends, siblings, nieces and nephew, inlaws, the Kid and the Husband. I freed up his weekends by doing it all and when Christmas rolled around, I felt shafted...and not in a good college way. I made it clear to my darling husband that I was disappointed and he was not pleased. Perhaps it was wrong of me, and I do cringe at the memory, but in the end I feel like it was important to do. Resentment builds and turns ugly and well what do you know... OVER A DOZEN GIFTS ARE UNDER THE TREE FOR MEEEEEE THIS YEAR!!!! Amazon has been visiting our apartment and I can hardly contain myself!!! The student has become the master... well done young grasshusband, well done.


Please mark this spot for December 26th. We'll see what I have received...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge