Christmas Films

I love Christmas films and I feel like I am cheated if I don't get to watch my favourite ones every year... And these are my absolutely must-see favourite ones!

Love Actually- This film makes me bawl like a baby being raised by me. I watched this when the Husband and I were dating and the funeral scene gets me every.single.time... Oh and the scene with Emma Thompson listening to Joni Mitchell after she realises her husband (I forgive you Alan Rickman! I love you...) has cheated on her... oh dear. I die.

Elf- My sister sent me this DVD a few years ago and it is already a classic... according to people on Christmas message boards. Will Ferrell is amazing as an Elf and some of the one-liners are incredible. Love love love. "You sit on a throne of lies."

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation- I watched this on Monday for probably the 20th time. Juliette Lewis in her best role. Chevy Chase is still my closet crush. This film still makes me LOL and those reindeer eggnog mugs are a little piece of heaven. "Why is the carpet all wet, TODD!"... oh the yuppie neighbours.

Santa Clause 2- I love this film just for one scene. The part in the gym when all the teachers open gifts from their childhood. Gets me every single time. We all had that one gift we wanted and hopefully got. I remember the greatest gifts I ever get and I still glow over that...

The Family Stone- They are an awesome family. Luke Wilson can do no wrong. And Diane Keaton is amazing. Another film that makes me cry and cry and cry. I always have to leave the room at the end... I can't take it.

Jingle All the Way- go ahead, judge me. I think Sinbad is hilarious in this and well, Phil Hartman is Phil Hartman. RIP Phil. You were incredible. And then there is Arnie. He's Austrian. My Husband's Austrian. Ergo I am Rita Wilson and therefore married to Tom Hanks. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Muppet Christmas Carol- Muppets and Michael Caine? Gold! Pure gold!

Scrooged- I have a crush on Bill Murray. I seem to have a crush on a lot of actors. My list is long. Scrooged is great, slightly terrifying, but a wonderful Christmas film. Stapling antlers to mice... Bahahaha!

Around this time of year I am extremely emotional and filled with so much bloody holiday cheer that any film that features snow or kids getting gifts is Oscar worthy.

This morning I finally watched Fred Claus with Vince Vaughn and I have to admit it was pretty awesome. The cameos by Frank Stallone, Roger Clinton and Stephen Baldwin just made the film for me. And yes, I cried and I cried. I don't know what it is about this time of the year but Coke commercials stop me in my tracks and make me tear up. Waterproof mascara is in high demand this time of year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge