A Night Out

The Christmas markets are absolutely spectacular in this city and while we used to go all the time every Christmas season, it is harder with a toddler and we have avoided them for the most part. Crowds, carriage, angry two year and a crowd hating Tova is not a good combo. So I decided to ask the Nanny to stay later so that I could surprise the Husband with a date night at one of the Christmas markets. We met up at 6, had some Glühwein and picked our ornaments. As a kid we used to do this at the German and Austrian markets and now The Husband and I do it every year and now for the past 2 years we pick an ornament for the Kid as well.

This is the one I picked out. I lurve it.


But anyway, after the market we headed to our favourite local restaurant and had dinner. It was snowing and it was so freaking perfect. I've realised that even though we spend plenty o time in the evenings just the two of us, it makes a huge difference to actually go out and enjoy each other's company. And on the other hand, sometimes it is nice to just be alone at home in the evenings.

The Husband has a Christmas party tonight.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge