Living the Dream!

Day 4 of being a housewife. The Kid is at daycare and our super duper Nanny picks him up at 3. I'm living the dream kids, living the dream. For the past 4 days I have dropped off the Kid, headed to the gym and have gotten my fitness on. It feels incredible and I am going to use every minute of these 3 weeks to do what I need to do.

In other news, I did almost have to smack a bitch yesterday and I am not a violent or confrontational person. At the gym, in the women's section, there are 3 crosstrainers. 2 have "handles" to pump your arms and one doesn't. Even though I usually don't use the arm things I prefer the machines that have them. 35 minutes in, a woman came over and told me I should use the one without handles since I was wasn't using them anyway and she needed to use them for her workout. I gave her my glare and told her in my scary voice that I would be done shortly and continued on for another 5 minutes. Fuming. I got off slowly and headed to the bike and the woman didn't even thank me. I glared at her and then picked up my phone to text the Husband.

Me: Some bitch just told me to move to another machine because she said I wasn't using it properly! The BITCH!
The Husband: What a BITCH! I'm sorry.
Me: I love that you are so supportive of me. I love you.

That, my friends, is an example of a great husband.

But anyway...
As of yesterday, I have started to re-focus on my eating and I decided to whip up some low fat blueberry muffins. I have broken up with dairy for the next 2 weeks on the advice of my dear friend. I've had some digestion problems recently and I think it might be tied to the fact that I alone have ensured that Holland's GNP in cheese has had a strong year.

So here is a low fat blueberry muffing recipe that I tweaked to meet my needs:

2 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup blueberries
1 cup soy milk
3 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
1/2 cup applesauce (I didn't have any on me so I stole the Kid's baby food of pureed apples, so sue me)
2 tsp baking powder

Mix together till blended. Heat oven to 190. Spoon into muffin cups and bake for about 25 minutes.
Delicious!

Goodbye cheese. See you at Christmas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge