Planning a Juicing Cleanse

So yesterday I wrote that I received many many many things and one of those things was a juicer. Yay! The Husband got the Kenwood one and it is all fancy and shiny and here is a fact; your juicer will never look like it did when you took it out of the box once you first use it. Sad. But true.

For the past few weeks I have been gearing up for a juicing cleanse. This all started a couple of months ago when a friend suggested the documentary "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead". I promptly forgot about this film until I was on Pinterest looking for "Something to stop me from eventually requiring a motorized vehicle to get through the store" and up popped a juicing cleanse. This then led (thanks to the magical land of the Internet) to a Youtube link to the film my friend suggested; "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead".

This is a great documentary and very inspiring and once I watched this I was all like "I WANT A JUICER! NOW! I WANT IT!"

But I had to wait until Christmas but now I have it and yay! Going to be sooo healthy. So yesterday I decided to do a mini cleanse because there is no way that I am going to go on a full juice cleanse when the Husband and I head to the Hotel Astoria on Sunday for two nights. NO WAY! So instead, yesterday I juiced until 5 p.m. and then ate. I'd like to say that was the plan but it wasn't. I had hoped to just juice for two days but my mind did the whole "But it is Boxing Day and you really didn't want to start your cleanse until the 2nd so why are torturing yourself now? Eat the truffle. You know you want it. Just one. I won't tell anyone" And then the Husband walked in to see me sniffing a bag of chocolates. Oh well, I was good until 5 p.m. and my mind is right, I really have been planning the 2nd of January as the start of the 10 day juice cleanse. Hey-o!

Now, I know that juice cleanses are controversial, but I don't really see how consuming a juice containing cucumbers, spinach, apples, ginger, mint and celery is any worse than melting more cheese on a cheese pizza? I think this is the perfect chance for me to re-boot and detox. And so, I am gearing myself up for the 2nd of January. In the interim, I will try and eat less because I don't want another body shock freak out like yesterday. Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge