Non-stop Madness

It has been a crazy few days. I feel like I've been starting every blog post saying that. But dudes, I'm exhausted. So again, this is just going to be a post of dis and dat with perhaps a little bit of kvetching about how tiiiiired I am when really, I am super grateful to be exhausted because that means I am living life to the fullest right now.... and developing more and more of a gut.


If we are friends on Facebook or you follow my Operation Tubetop Facebook page (thank you and if you haven't liked the page, then please do because with every like, my self esteem grows. Like the Grinch and his heart), you would have seen that I am now a contributor for the wonderful website; Vienna Würstelstand. I am now the "child expert" (don't snort!). I met a lovely woman on Sunday who said "Oh! You're the bad mother!". I twitched and then realized she was misquoting from the Vienna Würstelstand Facebook page when they had introduced me and called me a "Badass mom". Big difference! Huge. I need to lie down.

If you didn't get a chance to read my very first article, you can read all about it here . So exciting. I'm a somebody now!

Besides all the weight gain and bad eating, I am still getting my early morning walks in. Last Thursday's walk was especially exciting. From now on, it will be referred to as "When Animals Attack, Judge, Don't Move".

It was a normal morning at 5:30. I was bundled up and walking down the street without a care in the world besides being on the lookout for serial killers. I was just about to cross a street when I saw a cat. I wasn't sure if I was hallucinating from lack of sleep or from the incessant drizzle we have been experiencing for what seems like a month but sure enough, der dar was a cat. This is an unusual sight in Vienna in the 4th district. At first I was worried that this little guy might have been lost so I approached him slowly, doing that obnoxious clucking sound that makes absolutely no sense when dealing with cats. And yet, I persist. The cat looked up at me, stared at me, and then turned away with a motion that could only be described as "Yeah, fuck you." Well, fine. Scuse me for trying to help. Jerk. He sauntered off and then squeezed through a gate and he was gone... but the judgement clung to the air for several minutes. This is why I think food is love.

I continued on my walk and about 15 minutes later, I had another animal encounter. This time; a mouse. Now, mice and rats are totally common in Vienna and I have seen them from Ubahn stations, to our park, to churches and they don't really skeeve me out because Secret of Nimh was awesome. Yet, I don't want a mouse that pretends to be a leaf so that I almost step on it and give myself a coronary when it moves. Stupid mouse. I did a little jig and prayed nobody saw the chubby girl Riverdance on the sidewalk. Again, stupid mouse.

Gah! REPRESSED CHILDHOOD MEMORY COMING BACK!
I was a little natured out but I continued (again) on my walk through the urban setting. It was awfully quiet on the main street and I enjoyed the few moments of peace until a tram would come charging down the street to break the silence. At this point, I was attacked... from behind... with a slap to the back of my head...which led to me screaming... because a stupid pigeon decided that he'd just had enough of being a stupid bird and decided to bitch slap the first human he saw that morning. Well played bird. You have convinced me to give kegels another try. Stupid bird. So that was that morning walk. Needless to say, I have been much more vigilant these past few days.

And that takes me straight into the exhaustion I am so fond of talking about. The Kid has NOT been sleeping well. It is a combination of a couple of things. One night, a little while ago, the Husband and I had our first date night in over 7 months. Sure, we were super blessed to get a couple of weekends away in order to watch made for TV films in nice hotel rooms this summer, but a date night? Been a long time my friends. So, of course, the Kid is no longer used to both of us not being home in the evenings, which led to the Nanny being unable to get him to sleep, which apparently led to him sitting in the hallway crying out "Moooooooommmmmy" with huge fat tears running down his cheeks which made me feel like a Class A Asshole. Right,in,the,feels.

Since that date night, we have been struggling to get him to fall asleep. It is literally the eyes taped open scene from Conspiracy Theory. Except he is doing it to himself. The Kid will keep himself awake while I read to him and any time I shift, he's up and ready to latch himself to me. So co-sleeping is back. We had had a decent run the past couple of weeks. He'd fall asleep around 7:15 and then the Husband and I could sit and watch TV and then head to bed around 10. The Kid would then sneak into our bed so artfully and ninja-like, that we barely even noticed until the next morning. It was pretty blissful. But all that is over. This is what happens when you say "You know what? Let's do something for ourselves!" Aaah! The dreams of parents! Fingers crossed we get back on track.

And hey, you know what? He's asleep! Success! So I will end this post now so that I can trim my bangs and catch up on "Serial". My friend told me about this podcast and I am hooked! It is amahzing! Check it out! Nighty night!


Comments

  1. "Non-stop madness" can be thrilling and exhausting all at once. It often signifies a period of intense activity, chaos, or excitement. How Share Games While it might be exhilarating in the short term, finding moments of calm amidst the chaos is crucial for maintaining balance and overall well-being.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge