Christmas Eve!


I had hoped to have written more this past week but of course, it didn't happen. I even had an awesome re-cap of a craptastic Lifetime film planned. Arrgh (maybe tonight). The crunch before Christmas is always cruncherriffic and to top things off, our nanny had a family emergency so there was the juggling of the Kid which threw my carefully orchestrated shopping plan waaay off. Our nanny came by last night to see the Kid so that we could exchange gifts and it seems that her situation is getting a little bit better (so relieved - she is part of our family) but I swear to God, 2014, you are not going out with a bang by taking another good person. I SAY NO! So, I'm just going to stop right there and do a little happy dance because today is my last day of work until January 5th! Woot! We haven't had proper time off as a family in over a year and a half and I cannot wait. Oh the cleaning I'll do!

Today is Christmas Eve and it is a little surreal seeing that it is like 15 degrees Celsius out and I feel like I should call Dylan and invite him for a shake at the Peach Pit. Cough, anyway, all presents are bought, Christmas cards sent and all that is left to do is to open presents and eat melty cheese. Tonight we are heading to the In-laws and then tomorrow is our family of 3 CHRISTMAS EXTRAVAGANZA! No expense spared, no calories dropped, wear-your-pjs-all-day, consuming spiked eggnog and watching Christmas films and I cannot wait!

Our traditional Christmas day starts at whatever time the Kid gets up. I make German oven pancakes (crap! Remind me to get powdered sugar) and coffee spiked with eggnog. We lounge around. Then I make a simple lunch. We lounge around again. And then, when it is dark, we go for the presents. After the presents, we eat cheese fondue and drink champagne and then we usually call it a night around 8 p.m.

I am pretty excited about giving the Husband and the Kid their gifts this year. The Kid got some books, a large puzzle, a floor drum set (that might go missing in a day or two), a paint set, a tennis racket (I have the technology, I can build him to be the next Pete Sampras), a scooter. And for the Husband; so many shirts, tennis balls, a basket ball (because I have decided that 2015 is the year of activity), cologne and a scooter as well. I'm so excited!

I have already received some gifts from friends and that makes my dark little heart so happy. I got a beautiful handmade ornament that matches our chandelier, an awesome make up mirror (no more doing my make up in the dark), an awesome manicure accoutrement and a bedazzler! Man, my friends are awesome and know me so well... and yes, I am easy to shop for. As a friend recently said, "Christmas is really about the kids... and Tova". Yaaaay!! I'm starting to sweat because I am so excited about the gifts I'm going to be getting. And giving... of course.

Today is a half day at work and then freedom! I have no doubt the shops will be crammed with last minute shoppers but I will be avoiding that spider trap. The Husband? Probably not. Never learns, that one. And so, I wish you a very Merry Christmas! I hope to be able to write more over the next week or so. Keep yourselves safe this holiday season and don't follow my example of eating habits. I think I might have the gout.

Merry Christmas!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge