Christmas Decorating, A Woodpecker, Our Christmas Card and So on and So on

Apologies for not writing in almost a week. It has been incredibly hectic. December is like a sorority rush but with back pain and the need for Botox. I haven't really had a spare moment and I am just so grateful for my Kindle so that I can read to the Kid to put him to sleep while painting my nails. Multitasking. I win.

I wanted to officially announce my EXCITING NEWS but it isn't official official yet but I can spill the beans now... and if it doesn't pan out, I can always go back and delete this part of the post. THE POWER I HAVE! So, if you haven't figured it out yet.... I will be a contributor for the awesome site; Vienna Würstelstand. This is a great site and about a month ago they shared my "31 Signs that You Know you Have Lived in Vienna for a Long Time" which helped me get over 11,000 views on that one post. I literally jumped for joy.

Fast forward to now; I am very much looking forward to being able to write for them. Also, if you are in town, please drop by Supersense this Sunday for the Vanillekipferl Bake off at 3 p.m., hosted by Vienna Würstelstand. I will be there, with powdered sugar covering my torso and making me look like an addict. Yay! Sugar!

So that is the big news. Now onto dis and dat.

Christmas decorating: A couple of weeks ago, I got the itch to start decorating for Christmas. Save for the tree, the living room was done and glittery. But the more that I looked at the decorations, the more I came to hate them. Hated them with the passion of a thousand passion fruits. Like last year, I made the mistake of looking at a bunch of pictures of the White House Christmas decorations, and I was like "Challenge Accepted!"

Needless to say, I spent more money than I should have but at least I am super happy with the decorations now. We decorated the tree on Saturday and it was surprisingly blissful. Except when I suggested that I run out and get new lights because I was, and I quote "DONE WITH THE TACKY!" to which the Husband sighed. I ended up not going to get different lights and now I call the Christmas tree, the Tree of Compromise. Yay! It's all so pretty in here. Even the Tree of Compromise has its moments.

Our possessed radio: We have a CD player/radio in our kitchen that at the moment is on loop playing Michael Buble's Christmas CD because awesome. Sometimes we listen to the radio because the Husband is starting to get that twitch whenever Feliz Navidad comes on. Anyway, the Husband told me that the player wasn't turning on and he tried to unplug it and open it and turn it off and on but nothing happened. So he gave up and went to the fridge for a drink. As soon as he opened the door, the radio turned on. I snorted when he told me this. Then a couple of days ago, I wanted to listen to Buble's smokey voice and I was thwarted. I tried to turn it on and off. Unplugged it. And then, I made sure I was alone and I went to the fridge. I opened it up and lo and behold, the sucker turned on. Mind blown.

Woodpecker in the park: nope, not a perv. The bird. I headed to the park the other morning and something up in the tree caught my eye. I looked up and saw what looked like a bird hitting his head against the trunk repeatedly. It was windy so I initially didn't hear the tapping. Instead, I imagined that this bird got drunk the night before and wrote a text to his bird crush and hated his drunk self. Sidenote: IT IS AMAZING THAT WE HAVE A WOODPECKER IN OUR PARK... a self-hating one at that.

Christmas card: Thank you to everyone who sent me their addresses. If you want this year's Christmas card, please PM me or write me at tmspatz@gmail.com. I won't lie, this year will be the best one to date! I had a friend do a little magic with the Photoshop and the result is amazing! So you have until Sunday to get on da list!

I better head to bed soon. I have so much more to write about but that will happen in the next couple of days. And maybe, just maybe, I will get some down time. Maybe in the new year.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge