Good Morning Boxing Day

Oh wow! What a Christmas! I would probably be feeling the post Christmas blues but I'm not. I'm feeling more Why did you wake up at 2 am, Kid and not fall asleep until 5 am? Ugh. It was a long 3 hours and when he finally fell asleep, I went into the kitchen and hid all the cookies, pound cake and anything with sugar and as of today, his eating habits are changing and so are the house rules. No more Mrs. Nice Mommy. Oh no, there is a new sheriff in town. Poor Kid. I have been pretty lax on him this past year due to all the changes but as each month passes, I realize that this is just a hindrance to him in the long run. Wish me luck and watch me fold around 4 p.m. today.

Anyway, this Christmas was amahzing. The Husband, who apparently reads my blog now, got me so many incredible gifts. I also realized that I have the wants of a 12 year old girl; pink and sparkly! Yay! The only thing I asked him directly for Christmas was a juicer. I was subtle and sent him an e-mail with the title "I WANT THIS" and with a link to a juicer. Here is my list of swag and I am still so overwhelmed:

Pink and sparkly pen and keychain
Pink hair chalk (yes, I will do this)
Pink and black leg warmers
Bras
2 latte macchiatto cups
Lavender scented candle
Martha Stewart Christmas book (I almost cried)
Jamie Oliver pasta recipe book
Earrings
A chunky fabulous necklace
A smoothie maker (as a back up to my current one)
A 2015 diary (he bought two in case I didn't like the first one he bought. He shows great initiative)
A Bikram Yoga Loft gift certificate (yay!)
A Sports Direct gift certificate
A La Bonita Spa gift certificate
A JUICER!

The Husband was incredible. I feel very loved when receiving material things. I'm shallow and I'm ok with that. We paced our gift opening over the morning. I was exhausted by the end and wanted to take a nap so badly. But responsible parenting said no.

The Kid was great too and pretty much ignored most of his presents save for the Duplo my sister sent him and the scooter we got him. Unfortunately his coordination is off so this might be a re-gift for next year. We spent the rest of the day watching TV and eating and well, it was perfect. I spent the day in pj's until 8 p.m. when I switched to another pair of pj's. Gluttony, I have it.

Well, I am going to take a little early morning nap for the next two hours. I am attempting Bikram at 10 this morning and we will see if I am reduced to a puddle of cheese fondue and Lindt chocolates. I hope Christmas was wonderful for you all! Happy Boxing Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge