My Halloween Wreath

A large majority of the Halloween decorating has been completed! The finishing touches will be done over the next 3 weeks. It is definitely more of a challenge decorating this place compared to the old place. The biggest factor is that I can't tape anything to the walls so setting mood is definitely harder. Note to self: find fog machine. Since it is October, I realized I needed to put out my Halloween wreath. But alas, it was nowhere to be found which actually wasn't such a problem because for the last couple of years I have wanted to do a new one anyway. And a new one I did and I love it.

I knew I wanted a mossy wreath this year and I spent weeks trying to find a large enough styrofoam wreath for the execution of said mossy wreath. Of course, this city sucks in terms of crafting stuff. Yeah, yeah, there are a couple of places you can buy craft supplies but it kills me that I have to spend 4 euros on a tiny vial of black glitter. Right in the feels!

So anyway, I was having no luck with the large styrofoam wreath and then, in a moment of genius, I decided to a little recycling. When we first moved to our new apartment, I bought two silver painted wooden trays for the living room. About a month ago the Kid stood on one and it split into 4 pieces and then just 2 weeks ago, he broke the second one. I was ticked when I saw what had happened but then realized he was so upset too that my cold little heart broke and I couldn't stay mad. This is why we can't have nice things... in front of our toddler. This tray only broke a little and I kept it in the closet until I figured out what I could do with it. And then I figured it out and felt smug, oh so smug.

I started with the basic tray and with a permanent marker, drew an "S" for our family name.



Then I took glue, oh so much glue, and added lots and lots of moss. Little sidenote here: moss stinks. Really stinks. Then I took a fake crow and stuck him onto the bottom of the tray. I took some black rope and it was done.


I have to say, I am really really pleased with it. About as pleased as the Kid is with his Gothini.


Very pleased.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge