How's That Veganism Working Out for You, Tova?

Well, lemme just start off by saying; holy crap did yesterday's post go nuts! I mean, holy crap! Thank you everybody for reading it and sharing it on the Interwebs. Dear lawdy. I looked at my stats this morning and had to do the whole rub the eyes in disbelief schtick. And the views keep coming. Thank you!

And now, back to our schedule. As you guys know, I decided to give veganism the old college try. How am I doing? Actually, pretty awesome. Out of the 13 days so far, I have only had cheese twice. Real cheese on cheesy pizzas. That's a huge win. Have I lost weigh? No clue. I will know when I get on the scale next Monday because do not fear, the 12 Week Challenge is back. Still going on. Still happening. Still a thorn in my side.

I don't think my stats will be amahzing on Monday but that really isn't the whole point of the 6:1 vegan plan I am on. Just joking. Weight loss is EVERYTHING. No, no, I jest. This is about leading a healthier life. About discovering clean eating. ABOUT WEARING SIZE 4 PANTS AGAIN. Dammit, Tova, get back in your box.

I'm finding it not too hard to stay vegan. The hardest part is when I don't plan my meals in advance. The other bummer is that I am definitely using the vegan store as a crutch and not as an occasional ottoman like I should. Case in point, I made "chicken" baked fajitas last week and ate like there would be no more tomorrow. Or a tomorrow with no food. I'm overeating because the food I've been making is just too damn good. Now, you might ask, how does one make vegan cheesy delicious chicken baked fajitas? Walk with me.


First I bought some vegan tortillas, then I bought some vegan "chicken" which is a combo of soy and peas and carrots and then somehow magically made to look like grilled chicken strips. I stocked up on some guacamole, salsa, beans, red peppers and onions. And then purchased "pepper jack cheese" from the brand Daiya. I sauteed the veg and "meat. Then I placed the salsa, guacamole, "meat" mix and "cheese" on a tortilla and wrapped it up and placed it in a baking dish. I baked it for about 30 minutes and then took it out of the oven. And stared at it for a long time.


I admit it. I was skeptical at first. The "cheese" didn't really melt on the outside. But I served it up to the Husband and me....


And lo and behold, it was delicious! Many many many stars of vegan goodness.

I actually was very impressed and this will be my new go-to feeling sorry for myself vegan meal. Now, I had the impression that once I went vegan, the fat would literally throw itself from my body screaming "SHE HATH FORSAKEN US!" and yet, it hasn't. And I know why. I'm carbing it up too much. I really am. My new aim is to really focus on more veggies and protein the next week or so (save for Wednesday night when I will be ordering a bacon cheeseburger - and it will be amazing). Tonight I will be having a red thai curry soup. Tomorrow will probably be a Moroccan veg stew with couscous and probably a veg curry with brown rice on Saturday... and so on and so forth. If I discover a way to make vegetables taste good, I will let you know... Have a great day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge