Just Random Thoughts and Updates

You know what would be helpful guys? Me actually placing my cup under the coffee maker. Gawd I am dumb at 5 a.m. but it really isn't my fault that I am exhausted. The Kid was a thing possessed last night. The bedtime routine went down without a hitch (sleep training update today!) but around 9:30 he came running into our room and launched himself into bed and fell asleep mid lunge. At 11:30 he started his Jackie Chan moves and I yelled "Dammit! You are going to your bed before you bruise another one of my kidneys. NO MORE!" and so I half dragged him to his room, changed his diaper and then threw a bottle of milk into his bed. I walked back to bed and may or may not have yelled at the Husband "Thanks a fucking bunch for helping me out." Awww, mawwiage.
This one is going in the family album!
At 2 the Kid again came running full speed into our room - just take a minute here and imagine a crazed 3 foot zombie running at 60 miles per hour with his eyes closed. Yeah. He better be grateful I decided that "new obstacles" would be very unfunny the night before. The Husband, perhaps still smarting from my earlier swearing, took the reins and declared "No! No! No more!" and brought the Kid back to bed. A couple of hours later, the Husband returned and wearily declared "He's asleep". So I put on my sweet voice and said "Thanks a bunch for helping me out! LOVE YOU!". So  we are tired.

It is early Monday morning and I am about to take my neighbourhood walk. This usually involves a little game I like to play "Bird call or serial killer lurking around the corner". At least this little game makes me walk a little faster.

And without further ado, some random thoughts and updates:

Kindergarten: We are still on the 11:45 pick ups. They say they won't keep him past noon if he won't sit down and eat. I literally do not have a problem with him not eating. He can eat at home... at 2... when our nanny picks him up. We have a meeting on Friday (the last meeting was postponed, fanfuckingtastic) and we will discuss his progress. They are also suggesting more therapy. This I don't have a problem with because we are currently looking into A.B.A. therapy and hopefully we can get started on that ASAP. Preferably at a decent time. You know.. not at 11 a.m. on a Wednesday.

Sleep training: Well. Ah hahaha. That didn't go as planned. A few weeks ago we spent about 5 nights trying the sleep training. I realized that it was a bad time to start it with all the changes happening. Also, we were looking up divorce lawyers at 3 a.m. and that just wasn't good for anyone. But the plus side is that we re-established a bedtime routine that actually works. Well, it works for me because I am awesome. At 7:30, after dinner, teeth brushing and looking at books, we tell the Kid "Time for bed" and he repeats "Beeeeeedd". Then he says goodnight to the Husband which is "Buh bye, Daddy" paired with a little wave and it is the cutest gosh darn thing in the world. He crawls into bed, I top up my wine glass and turn on my Kindle and whisper read to him until he falls asleep. The average time it takes is about 20 minutes. My personal best was 5 minutes last week. It was AWESOME! Even though he is still running into our room in the middle of the night, at least we have a couple of hours of quiet in the evening and that has made a huuuuuuuuuuuuge difference.

The New Train Station: Well, what can I say... other then.. IT IS AWESOME! I took a little jaunt there on Sunday morning and I lost my North American mind. It's like a mall. A mall about an 8 minute walk away. And it has a Starbucks and a Subway and several bakeries and wait for it... A juice store that sells green smoothies with names like Garden Body Detox which yes I bought one because I need to counteract all the scurvy I think I am getting. I am super pumped about this new place because when I need a little Christmas cheer in a month or two, I have a feeling this place will be all decked out in its finest, filled with angry Austrians and nothing says Christmas like anger and stress. Yaay!
Yaay! Holidays!
So those are some random updates. I am also so incredibly stoked about how many people clicked on my post about living in Vienna. This makes me so happy. Thank you!

So now I have to head out for my morning walk wake myself up a bit. It feels like it might be one of those long days. Happy Monday!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge