The FInal Countdown and DIY Mosaic Mirror Frame

One week until we move. ONE WEEK! There is so much to do and I am about to hyperventilate. But I will keep it together. Maybe. This is our last weekend in our current abode and I cannot believe that I have spent 10 years here. Seems like a lifetime and yet, it just flew by.

This weekend will be a weekend of last minute purchases, the Husband and I snapping at each other and just general panic. The boxes come on Monday and I have yet to figure out the perfect system for packing. Oh but I will soon, I will. The good news is that most of the "creative" stuff is done. I have my colour schemes figured out, know where each and every piece of furniture will go and all that is left to purchase is a small stand for the kitchen and a mirror (the last mirror, I promise).

It seems that we are still missing our bed (don't get me started) and the corner cabinet of our kitchen. Ikea informed the Husband that the piece will eventually be delivered, maybe next month, and they will install it for free! You will?! How fantastic. Thank you! That really makes up for all the stress. You will install something for free a month later because you guys messed up? Well, isn't that mighty big of you! Now, where's my whacking stick? These are the times that I wished I lived in the great North America and I could get on the phone and make someone weep. But alas, I don't know the German term for "whacking stick" so I am stuck planning revenge, in English. Gah!

Anyway, the good news is that we are finally getting our lights installed next Wednesday. I have to bring the Kid with me and this should be an awesome game of "Don't touch those damn wires!!! WHY MUST YOU PUT EVERYTHING IN YOUR MOUTH?!" And the even better news is that our kitchen table and coat stand is arriving on Monday. With that shipment there are also two freestanding shelves that I accidentally ordered without looking at the length of them. Yeah, they be about 190 cm each. I've ordered two Larry Birds. The Husband is going to kill me. Oh well.

So moving on to something fun and pretty. I mentioned that I was going to be purchasing posters and canvas and I have mentioned gluing shit to shit. Well, here is one of the pieces. Ta da.


I kind of love it a lot. Every Saturday and Sunday, for the past 4 weeks, during naptime, I have run to the new apartment and have glued these little suckers onto canvas. It took forever but the result is pretty great. All you need is: a poster, a canvas that is larger than the poster, glue (so much glue) and pre-cut mirrored tiles. And then you glue and you glue and you glue. And voila. I did two of these. The other poster is a sailboat and Odessa or something. The third poster I ordered is my most absolutely favourite painting of all time - Olympia by Manet. Love.


I did something very different with that painting. It's funky. I'll post a picture later and you shall judge me.

So, happy Friday!

Comments

  1. Very nice. Where did you get the mirror tiles? Mine cost me a fortune. Brookie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge