Screens and Things

Yay! Friday! Yay! A very much needed day. Just two more weekends in our place and then onto the 4th district. Cray cray. This weekend will be filled with organizing and throwing stuff out and of course, stocking up on clean and healthy foods.

For the weekend, I am hoping to mix Greek yoghurt with muesli and berries for breakfast, smoothies for lunch and some righteous veggie wraps for dinner. Our fridge is going to look like a normal healthy person's fridge and not like a frat house fridge. Yay! Maturity. Tonight I am making a flatbread pizza with buffalo mozzarella, roasted peppers and onions and some spicy pesto... with no wine. No wine at all. Sob.

It has been once again a crazy week and I am looking forward to some downtime in May. Just a few weeks to go and then all will be right in the world. Kind of. I showed our nanny the place last night and she seemed to really like it which means happiness all around. Right? Right.

On to another topic, my necklace racks arrived today so that is great. I will have a jewelry stand in the bedroom and I will be all organized and stuff. On the other side of the room, as I mentioned, I put up some hanging racks in the corner and hid said racks with some screens. Please refer to pictures below. This is what happens when I don't get a wall. I give these screens a week until the Kid decides to go Kamikaze on them.
Like the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. But with no door, or lion or thinly veiled references to biblical events.

They are so big. I almost was killed by one. For reals.
Over the weekend, I will bring my summer clothes over and hang them up to get a better idea of how much crap I can fit behind the screens. At this point, I have no idea.

So that's just a mini update of what is happening, yo. And by the way... no booze, day 3.


Comments

  1. Go to the 22nd Stadlau, they got two large BauMax, large OBI, Hornbach, Ikea, Mobelix and Dehner all v. close to each other and much bigger than the one in Simmering, better if you have a car, although I did all my purchases by numerous and precarious bike rides and public transport back in the day. Just avoid Saturdays. Textil Müller in Kritzendorf is your cheapie fabric warehouse place to go, a single extra train ticket from FJB if you already have a WL pass to the Grenze although they also have a smaller shop, filled to the gunnels on the Karmeliter markt. There’s a place in Neustiftgasse that sells off chandelier glass components, I’ll try to remember where. Brookie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge