All I Ask For is a Kitchen

Gaaaah! Did you feel that disturbance in the force yesterday? Did you see all the birds in Vienna take flight around 9 a.m.? My head - it exploded. And then it exploded again and again. Yesterday was not a good day.

I took the day off because I was, like, expecting our new kitchen to be installed and because I am the only one that cooks in our family, it is kind of important that I get a say in how it will be installed. And so, at 7:25 I was in my kitchen-planning outfit; yoga pants and a fleece sweater and I was about to make my way to our new apartment. We had been told that the kitchen would arrive between 8 and 10 a.m. Just as I was going to take my last sip of coffee, the phone rang. The guys were already outside our new apartment with my beloved (maybe) kitchen. So I ran to the ubahn and got there 10 minutes later to let the guys in. They brought things up faster than I can judge a person's outfit. They were very fast. Then they asked me to sign a sheet and I asked "So, um, when are the people who install this coming?" to which the guy responded "later".

I walked around the new apartment and kept looking at the time. An hour passed and I was pacing. I texted the Husband and asked when the installation guys were supposed to show up and did they call by chance? More pacing. Then a little while later, the Husband called and said "They aren't coming. Apparently we were supposed to make a separate appointment with them." and then I am quite sure he held the phone away from his ear as I turned into a Greek widow. After about 5 minutes of my wailing, the Husband suggested I could go to work instead of banging my head against the wall and cursing. Unfortunately I couldn't because I was waiting for the screens I had ordered because "WE ARE NO LONGER HAVING A WALL BUILT SO TECHNICALLY THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" Reasoning? I have none.

I spent the next few hours waiting for the other delivery guys to arrive and discovered I had run out of mirrored tiles (so no gluing for me) and that I needed a screwdriver to put together my new hanging racks. So I decided to unpack the sofa, the new chair and footstool. The Husband dropped by at lunchtime and said "Are these the instructions to the sofa? Ikea says you need two people to put this together." to which I responded "Ikea says a lot of things. Like I would get my kitchen today." The Husband didn't stay long. The screens finally arrived around 2 and I spent the rest of the afternoon unpacking things and putting together the hanging racks (I ran home for a screwdriver).

When the Husband got home last night, he informed me that we probably won't get our kitchen installed until the day before we move. And then he told me that the Expedit I ordered is no longer available. Gone. Not there. Not happening. Boom!

The Husband did not pick up on my facial expression and said "Dear, you can't expect everything to happen over night. It can't be perfect immediately..." to which I responded "HAVE WE MET?!?!" I went to bed angry and I woke up with an angry cold and I am just angry. I know once we get through these next two weeks, I will be in a much better state. The kitchen should be installed in a week or two. But for now, vengeance is mine.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge