Half Way Through the Challenge and Dis and Dat

Hello Thursday! I am officially half way through the Tova Be Toning it Up Challenge. Not going to lie, while I am enjoying it, it is getting tougher. Last night the Husband and I had a date night and then after I had to go for a run. That was tiring but I ended up enjoying the run so it wasn't the hell that I had imagined (except for one small incident. I will get to that). So that's good. The rest of this week is going to be a little cray cray... I had tried to limit my evenings out but it is pretty much impossible this week. Curses for being so popular! Heh.

Anyway, Now that I am half way through the challenge, I need to look into some cosmetic procedures... no, nothing invasive or expensive! Rather, I am looking to look more beachy without, you know, living on a beach. I have already changed my hair slightly but it still needs one more application. I am now whitening my teeth. I better be able to send signals to the International Space Station with these babies when I am done. I also need to set up a spray tan soon. Most likely I will get one done on the 20th. I was going to do a little self tanner the other day on my face but when I woke up one morning, I noticed a little bit of blood on my hands. I wondered briefly if I was in an Ashley Judd film but then realized I had somehow scratched my forehead while I was sleeping. Bad dream? No, probably disgruntled apartment ghost. So now I have a scratch so I will wait for that to heal before I turn myself orange.

As I mentioned above, the rest of this week is cray cray. This morning was hot yoga, and then I am off to a regular day at work and then tonight there is the American Women's Association Wine Night at Eulennest in the 4th district. It starts at 7 so I will head home first to get changed, hang out with the Kid for a little bit, and then walk down to the wine bar as it is in my hood. I am happy to finally attend one of these wine nights since it has been forever since I have been able to go to one. I hope to also show some self control when faced with lots of wine since my tolerance is very low at this time. I worked so hard on it and now nothing. Oh what a waste! Like a champion coming out of retirement... we all know this won't end well.

Tomorrow after work is a friend's Birthday party at Sekt Comptoir. It starts at 5 and I will be able to attend for a little while until I have to head to the Hard Rock Cafe. This weekend is their famous Pin Fiesta and I need to be there for a couple of hours to apparently schmooze. This is for the Beacon Beach House, not because I am Tova and an absolute riot. If I am not a complete wreck at the end of that, I might head back to the party for a quick nightcap. We will see. On Saturday morning I have to be back at the Hard Rock Cafe by 11. I should be there for a couple of hours and I am not sure what to expect but these days, I am open to anything. Seriously. I will then go home and hang with the Kid and then one of the Kid's therapy aides will come by in the evening to babysit so that the Husband and I can attend the Kentucky Derby party I mentioned in the last post. Mint juleps, baby!!! And hats! Yay! Hats!

On Sunday is the Autism in Vienna Beacon Beach House Family Picnic at Drasche Park. Unfortunately the forecast is looking crappy so we might have to postpone it until June. Fingers crossed that the sun comes out and that I can wear flip flops. Speaking of the Beach House, I am still trying to raise money for the location. It is slow going but I know it will eventually happen. I have a few plans up my bell sleeves and I am looking forward to announcing a huge event soon. One day I will look back at this and smile and think, "worth it".

And my last little story before I get dressed and head to work... last night on my run... I was heading back home and had only about 5 minutes left. As I ran down the street, there was a man about 50 meters away, walking a little funny. I thought to myself "Huh, that's the third person I have seen with a limp today..." and just when I was about 5 meters away from him, he leaned over, gagged and then vomited on the sidewalk. Needless to say, my cat-like reflexes kicked in and I jumped into the street to avoid being hit. Ugh. At least my speed was pretty epic at the end. I got home and wailed "I WAS ALMOST PUKED ON!!" and the Husband got up and opened the window and said "Where?" Yeah, so that was fun. I better run, but I wish you all a fabulous day! Toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge