End of Week 3 - Tova Be Toning it Up Challenge

If you want to see pictures of food and random things I did this past week, beachy crafts, etc. please check out Instagram @tmspatz. Also, please feel free to join me for the next 4 weeks! I am not a nutritionist, a personal trainer or even an Instagram star so this is not a certified diet thingy. This is just something I custom made for me so don't sue me. Please check out this blog post here so that you understand what the challenge is all about! This recap will include what I ate, what workouts I did and what "Tone it Up" lifestyle things I did. Also, the end of the post will include how many centimeters and kilos I have (if any) lost this past week. Enjoy! (None of these pictures belong to me... because I don't take random pictures of girls in bikinis. All of these pictures belong to Tone It Up).

Wow! Another week done! I cannot believe it! At the end of week 2, I had lost 3.5 kilos (7.2 pounds). I am curious to see how I did this week. It was definitely a more challenging week... I went out more and faced some serious temptation. But I stayed (mostly) strong and continued my workouts. I can't believe that I am more than half way through this challenge and that I am still standing. Heh.  


Monday

Well hello there May Day! It is the beginning of week 3 and it is another holiday! These are always the hardest because all I want to do is sit on the sofa and stuff my face. I am up at 7 and I start to mentally prepare myself for the trip to Laxenburg we will be attempting with the Kid. It is important to push him out of his comfort zone as well as our comfort zones. But I want to stay in the zone. The zone has snacks. I am too nervous to eat and we head out at 9:30.

It ends up being a fantastic trip and we are all exhausted except for the Kid because energy. I make myself a vegan grilled cheese sandwich and my yogurt mix and I wolf it down because I am starving. The Husband goes to the gym and I switch out my summer and winter wardrobe because I can't take the black anymore. I want colour, I want warm weather, I want to wear flip flops. I am hoping this will make the weather gods change up their minds and blow in some tropical weather. The Kid helps me by jumping onto the piles of clothes and giggling. 

At 5, I pull on my workout gear and head out for a 40 minute run. It's tough but I end up really enjoying it. I guess I might be a little addicted. Huh. Didn't see that one coming. I get home, take a shower and then start dinner. I make vegan burgers with a bagel and a side salad and fries for the Husband and the Kid. I am exhausted by 9 and can't believe that the Kid is still babbling to himself in bed. He ends up falling asleep after 11. I would ask where he gets all his energy from but we all know how rhetorical that is. 

Meals:
B: Just a coffee because I was a nervous wreck about our big adventure
L: Vegan grilled cheese sandwich and my yogurt mix
D: Vegan burger with vegan cheese on a bagel with a side salad

Workouts: 2 hour walk with the Kid (burned a lot of calories from fear), 6.5k run and Tone it Up Arm and Tush Exercises

Tone it Up Lifestyle: Switched out my winter wardrobe with my summer wardrobe and I cannot believe how much more colour I now have in my closet. Wowzers



Tuesday

I wake up to my alarm and I just want to stay in bed. The Kid was up off and on most of the night. We think he might still be processing the great trip we did on Monday. I think he likes to go through everything he has experienced during the day. Or he just hates sleeping and I am reading way too much into what he thinks about. I crawl out of bed at 6 and turn on the coffee maker. Of course I have to remove the pods to make the coffee and this seems like the worst thing to have to do early in the morning. Instead of having a mini private conniption, I take deep breaths and try to stay zen. I drink my coffee in the kitchen and check out Instagram and within a few minutes, I am feeling human.

The night before I put out my outfit for today. Since I switched all my winter clothes with summer clothes, I wanted to wear something summery and fun. I chose a yellow tunic thing that my mom gave me years ago, dug out my yellow Michael Kors tote that mom gave to me (there's a trend and obviously my mother still dresses me), black leggings and my new cheapy gold pineapple necklace. I look out the window and realize I must have angered the gods because there is a freezing monsoon happening outside.

We go for coffee at work and I smugly eat my yogurt and tell everyone three times that I ran 40 minutes the night before. I am starving by lunch time but I take a walk with a friend and enjoy the somewhat warmer weather. I buy hummus and pitas and sit at my desk and eat a pita with hummus because pita with hummus is awesome.

After work I meet a friend for a quick spritzer and then head home to make scrambled eggs with peppers and onion and a little cheese and wrap it all in a tortilla. And I am seriously in love. The Husband gets home from watching a movie and I head out for another 40 minute run. It hurts but it feels great. After my shower, I do my arm and tush exercises and then pass out just after 10. Smug.

Meals:
B: Coffee and I brought my yogurt mix into work because being publicly smug is important
L: Hummus and a pita
S: White wine spritzers
D: Cheese and veg. scrambled eggs wrapped in a tortilla (AMAHZING!)

Workouts: 45 minute lunchtime walk, 6.5k run and Tone it Up Arm and Tush Exercises


Tone it Up Lifestyle: I wore a yellow flower top and a bright yellow purse and ballerinas. I was cold in the morning.


Wednesday

I wake up early and tell myself to get a run in because I know that I can't get one in the evening. The Husband and I have a date night and then he is meeting family friends later. It is a struggle to get up but I do it. I sit in my running clothes on the sofa for a solid 10 minutes and try and build up the motivation to head outside. The motivation did not come. So I pick up some weights and do a couple of Tone it Up exercises. I make a coffee and then start my make up. The Kid is still passed out in my bed so I decide to finish up a beachy frame for an awesome drawing a friend made. I bought a cheap wooden frame, white washed it with white paint and glued some shells on it. Totes simple and totally beachy.

I bring the Kid to kindergarten and then make my way to work. I eat my breakfast (inhale) and then get to work. At lunch I have a couple of pitas and some hummus. I probably could have survived on one but I was ravenous. The afternoon is just as busy as the morning so I can't get a walk in.

Time to leave and meet the Husband for a date night. We have decided to meet at the French bistro Cafe Pierre near Mariahilferstrasse. I already know what I am going to order. I would love a burger but I am going to good and order the quiche that comes with a salad. Now, quiche isn't the healthiest thing but it beats a burger... I can't believe I wrote that. Ugh. I arrive and get shown to a table. I pull out my Kindle, order a glass of rose and wait for the Husband to come (of course after Instagramming a picture of my wine). The Husband shows up and he orders a croque monsieur and I order an onion quiche. Both of our meals come with salad and I am smitten with the salad. I guess I am changing. I even take some of his because I can't seem to get enough of it. We eat and talk for about an hour and then catch the bus home. Our date nights are short but I think it is important for us to have some alone time. And I am definitely aiming to make these a more regular thing. We will see if the Husband is on board.

We get home and the Kid is still awake and overjoyed that we have arrived. I get out of my work clothes and put on my spandex and head out for a 5k run. The day before I did a longer run and my ankle was acting up a little bit so I want to play it safe. It is a great run save for the vomiter (which you probably read about the other day). I take a shower when I get home and then try to fall asleep. I think I even fall asleep before the Kid.

Meals:
B: Coffee and yoghurt mix
L: Hummus and 2 pitas
D: Date night at Cafe Pierre. Ordered an onion quiche with a side salad and 2 glasses of rose.

Workouts: 5k run and Tone it Up Arm and Tush Exercises and stomach exercises

Tone it Up Lifestyle: Made a beachy frame and put in a drawing that my friend made. You can see it on Instagram. It is for the future Beacon Beach House. If you make things for it, it will happen. That is my mantra.

Thursday

I am officially half way through my Tova be Toning it Up challenge! It has been 2.5 weeks since I started (17 days). How do I feel? Pretty incredible. Endorphins, man. I said to Office Twin the other day "These ephedrines are amazing!" and he looked at me for a minute in confusion "Endorphins, dammit! Endorphins!" There is something to be said for endorphins though. I definitely have a lot more energy and I am a lot happier than I have been in a while. For the most part I am a pretty happy person but this is just another level. Maybe I should test the water here because there is a slight possibility that the Husband drugged me. I'm not saying he did... but at the same time I wouldn't blame him.

This morning I am heading to hot yoga. It has been a while since I have had enough time to go so I am totally going to take advantage of that this morning since the weekend ahead is nutso. I show up at 6:40 and the doors open and I roll my mat out, ready to get started. The instructor comes it at 7 and for the next 90 minutes, I sweat and bend and stretch and almost pass out. Worth it.

I walk home and see the Kid for a few minutes before the Husband takes him to kindergarten. I take a shower and put on make up and go to work. Always after hot yoga, I am super thirsty and starving. I spend most of the day guzzling water which actually will end up being a blessing since tonight I have a wine night with some ladies.

After work I go home, hang out with the Kid and fix my make up. I make a super quick dinner for myself because I have to eat something before wine night. The Husband gets home 45 minutes later and just as I am about to walk out the door, a monsoon hits. Sigh. I take out my umbrella and walk down to the wine bar which is about a 15 minute walk away. My feet are soaking, but I don't care because, yay! Rose! It is a nice night, with lovely ladies and many glasses of wine were had and at 9:45, I catch the tram and go home where, do a teeth bleaching applications and after washing off my make up, I pass out.

Meals:
B: Coffee and yoghurt mix
L: Soup and noodles and 2 pitas (was starving)
D: Scrambled eggs in a tortilla and wine at wine night

Workouts: Hot yoga (90 minutes) and Tone it Up Arm and Tush Exercises

Tone it Up Lifestyle: Teeth whitening!



Friday

Waking up is not easy this morning. The Kid comes into the bedroom just after 6 and crawls into our bed. He isn't sleepy and he sits and whispers and smiles and these are some of my favourite moments. He wants to watch cartoons so I get out of bed, turn on the TV and then make myself some coffee. I get ready for work and then bring the Kid to kindergarten.

At work I have a coffee and some watermelon with Office Twin and then for lunch, I have 2 pitas and hummus. I also decide to no longer buy pitas for the rest of the challenge because they are addictive and not super nutritional. Next week I am aiming to bring in salads. Let's see if I can get my act together to do this. After I eat, a friend and I take a nice lunch time walk and then get back to work. In the afternoon I am going to a friend's birthday party at Sekt Comptoir but first I meet a friend at Cafe Gitarre so that I can eat something before my very long evening starts. I order brown bread with mozzarella and basil and realize that today has not been the healthiest. After meeting my friend, I make my way to Sekt Comptoir. I show up just after 5, immediately get passed a glass of bubbly and avoid the table filled with amazing cheeses and bread. I have an awesome time talking to people and drinking and enjoying the weather. At 7:30 I have to unfortunately leave and go to Hard Rock Cafe to schmooze. (By the way, my next blog post will go into more detail about all the things I did this week). I arrive just after 8 and I am passed a large margarita (it's like people know me) and I meet a couple of people and talk about the Beacon Beach House. At one point a large tray of sliders appears and that is my one rule I never break... when offered a miniature burger, I will take it. No regrets. Just after 10, I have to head home because I am just on the verge of making this an all nighter. I had planned to get a run in and so for the first time in 3 weeks, I miss a work out.

I am disappointed but I know that I am only human and one missed workout is not the end of the world. Well maybe a little.

Meals:
B: Coffee and watermelon
L: 2 pitas and hummus
D: Brown bread with cheese (desperate for choice), a slider, bubbly and a margarita.

Workouts: Lunch time walk and arm exercises

Tone it Up Lifestyle: I had a margarita. That seems beachy.


Saturday

I wake up at 7 and I am nervous. Today is a big day for the Beacon Beach House at the Hard Rock Cafe. I have to be there at 12:30 so I putz around and go to the grocery store because I am determined to meal prep my lunches for the next week. The pitas were a disaster for lunch and I need to be better prepared. I pick up some salad and veg and can't wait to be smug as of Monday. I have my yogurt bowl for breakfast and then have an early lunch

I get changed, put on my make up and go to Hard Rock Cafe. I make a quick and rushed speech (again, more details later), then have some spritzers with friends and then head back home. I chill with the Kid and then at 5, start to get ready for the Kentucky Derby party. The babysitter shows up at 6 and the Husband and I walk to the Ubahn station. We show up to the party and are served mint juleps and I end up being amazing and only drinking one over the next couple of hours. We have a lovely time and then make our way home and then I get changed and go for a fantastic 5k run. I would have done some Tone it Up exercises but I was absolutely exhausted. At 11, I fall asleep and actually get a decent night's sleep. Yay! Stress is over! For now...

Meals:
B: Coffee and yoghurt mix
L: Vegetable omelette and whole wheat toast
S: Spritzers (and a couple of french fries)
D: Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich
S: Mint julep

Workouts: 5k run

Tone it Up Lifestyle: Watched the Kentucky Derby and there were American commercials. Yeah, I know, not exactly beachy. I've been busy.



Sunday

I actually sleep in. Oh o.k. I woke up at 5, read for a little bit, and then fell asleep at 6 again. I wake up at 8 (miracle) and the Kid is ready to watch cartoons and run around a bit. I look at the weather forecast because it is supposed to storm. I cancelled the Autism in Vienna picnic a couple of days ago because it has been raining for days and when a storm is forecast, it probably isn't the best to have a bunch of kids hang out under trees. I decide to make some protein muffins for the first time because I need something easy and fast for the mornings for next week. And the muffins end up not being that bad. The Kid is a little bit of a grump but if it isn't storming in the afternoon, I will take him for a walk.

For the rest of the day, I plan to get a long run in, some Tone it Up exercises and to work on a couple of beachy things. I have some e-mails to write, and some cleaning to do and I definitely want to spend some time on the sofa. So just a typical Sunday. Finally!

So that is the end of week 3. How did I do? Read below!

Meals:
B: Coffee and 2 protein muffins
L: Scrambled eggs in a tortilla
D: Tofu, veg and steamed rice

Workouts: 6.5k and Tone it Up Arm and Tush Exercises and stomach exercises

Tone it Up Lifestyle: Anklet with shells. When it isn't raining I will wear this out (on the weekends)




SHORT SUMMARY OF WEEK 3
End of the Week stats:

Centimeters lost
Waist: .5
Hips/tum: No change (gah!)

Kilos lost: 0.5

Hours of working out/walking/running/yoga: 10 hours and 15 minutes

Well, I am not overjoyed but at least I didn't put on weight. This was a crazy week of going out so I am actually not surprised there wasn't a bigger drop. Also, my eating wasn't as good as it could have been. I am amazed that I missed just one work out with everything I had going on this week. I saw how easy it is to fall off the wagon and for the most part I stayed strong. This just means that for the next 2 weeks, I need to be incredibly vigilant and make sure I keep my eye on the prize (a smaller dress size). Diet is so important and I could work out for hours at a time but that wouldn't make a huge difference if I don't watch what I eat.

Instead of beating myself up, I will shrug it off and try to remind myself that I have been doing a great job. These past 3 weeks have been great but this week was definitely the hardest. I am going to give myself a pep talk and make these next 2 weeks really count! Stay tuned!

I have a lost a total of 4 kilos (8.8 pounds) over these past 3 weeks so something is working. I hope you all have a fantastic Sunday! Stay tuned for my next blog post which will be all about the craziness these past few days! Toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge