Good Bye Halloween, Back to the Grind

Another Halloween season is over! I am dealing alright with the loss. I think I went a little overboard with the Halloween celebrations this year so it probably is a good thing it is over. As I mentioned earlier, the party was a complete success! I had fully recovered by Monday - just in time for actual Halloween. I stayed home with the Kid on Monday morning and of course he had a freak out. I stayed calm, he didn't, but it only lasted for about 10 minutes. When the Nanny arrived, I kissed him good bye and ran out the door. I first headed to a friend's place with some groceries. She had a baby a couple of weeks ago so I was excited to check out the newest addition: adorable! Another friend was visiting with her baby as well and it was great to chat and catch up. Around 4, I made my way to another friend's place but first I had to stop and look at something. I really really want to tell you all what I looked at but I can't: not until I have more details. But if it works out... 2016 will officially be the best year ever. Please keep your fingers crossed!

After looking at what I had to look at (totally driving you nuts not knowing what I am talking about, amirite?), I headed over to another friend's place so we could get ready for Halloween. I just went goth and she went as a cat and by 7 we were in a cab, heading over to the Beaver Brewing Company. We ate (thank God since I always forget to do that when I am out) and drank pumpkin beer and now I don't remember much more of the night. I lie. I do, but let's say I didn't make anybody proud with my consumption of beverages. Let's just say I got home just after 3 a.m. and declared loudly that "Halloween 2016 ROCKS!" to myself as I washed off my make up. Thank God I had taken the next day off and could just feel sorry for myself while lying in fetal position. The Kid was a superstar and just jumped on me a couple of times. By the afternoon I was able to stand... which was a large victory. In the evening I was back on the sofa, watching The Parent Trap. I couldn't get to the remote so I just ended up watching the whole damn thing.

Oh Lindsay Lohan, you were adorable back then! I remember watching the original one when I was a kid and thought it was great. Now as an adult and a parent, I have to wonder what in the hell were these parents thinking? They divorce and instead of, oh I don't know, co-parenting, they split up the twins??!? Raise them without knowing they are twins?!?! What?!!?!? I know it is just a film but really? And of course the whole premise of getting the parents back together is kind of moronic. Like a dinner on a boat is really going to change everything. (There's a reason you two broke up 11 years ago!) Or him following her on a plane because 11 years ago he made that mistake of not following her and he would never make it again... oh, ok, that's kind of romantic. The whole, I followed you back to London and let's make out in front of our twins and stuff. But still! Ugh. Dennis Quaid. For shame. Good thing you're cute. Anyway, the film ended, the Kid fell asleep and I dragged my sorry self to bed.

I am back at work and looking forward to the rest of the week. Tomorrow evening I am going to a ladies wine night at Weinplateau (it has been forever since I have been there and I love the owner!) and then on Friday I am going to something that I don't really know what it is. It looks hip and cool and I will probably stand in the corner being awkward. Pretty standard for me, actually. In other news, it feels weird that I am not working on stuff for the Halloween party. I was talking to a friend today and said "Finally! An evening with no plans! Oh wait, I have a couple of articles to write. Never mind. Sigh." One of them is about me so that won't be too bad. Heh. Heh. I also have to get back to running and yoga. I successfully completed my self-imposed boot camp. I only missed one day and while it was hard, I actually kind of enjoyed it. When I am working out, it is the only time I am not constantly glued to the Internet: stalking on Facebook, reading about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie or responding to e-mails. I guess that is truly "me-time". So besides this evening spent writing, I will also be celebrating my new promotion. I have been waiting since April for this. It will mean a little more money so I will be less poor. Yay! I would have a celebratory drink but I think I will wait until tomorrow... I need to cleanse. I wish you all a fabulous Wednesday! Byeeee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge