A Post Not About the Elections

I said my piece on Facebook, I'm not happy, but what is done is done and I am not going to linger on it anymore. NO MORE! We can't change things today but we can move forward, work together and make sure that we fight for people's rights and freedoms. There is a lot of good in this world, we just need to make sure we find it again. Might be under my couch? I don't want to harp on the news of today so this will be a post about the last couple of days and a perfect place to not talk about the thing that just happened. Ugggghhh. Anyway, I have been up since 4, I am onto my third glass of wine, I have consumed a lot of cheese today. This morning we had a meeting with the director of special needs for schools for our district. We met with him a few months ago and he is lovely. He once again told us what could happen with the Kid next year in terms of schooling and while it is nice to hear options, it is hard to hear options. He took down more information and again, like always, I was asked how my pregnancy and birth were. I am asked this a lot and it drives me up the wall. Next time I am just going to say "Well, the heroin really took the edge off the morning sickness." because for eff's sake. GAH! We got a tour of the school (which might be a possibility) and I wish I had been in a better mood but you know, whatever. I headed to work after the meeting and it has been a day of sadness. Sadness about well..never mind.

Yesterday evening should have been this evening because last evening was absolutely epic and I really need to be cheered up (for absolutely no reason, cough). I met my friend D.K. after work at Pickwicks. We had some drinks and then headed to the movie theater to watch Bridget Jones' Baby. I also came to the realization that I am incredibly bossy when it comes to plans. A friend pointed it out a few weeks ago and last night I finally realized it. I'm Angela to your Tony Danza. I think I just have a deep underlying fear of being late or missing something so I like to be organized. I tried to convince D.K. that I can be hip and cool but she wasn't buying it. What we were buying were white wine spritzers for the movie - eh-oh! I was so excited to see Bridget Jones' Baby! When the first film came out, I was blown away. Bridget was the perfect character with all of her imperfections. The second film wasn't great but you could show me Colin Firth reading emo poetry and I would still think it was magic. And now, now, the third film was finally out and I was so excited: Bridget Jones, spirit animal.


Pretty much from the moment the film started, D.K. and I were either crying our eyes out or laughing our asses off. Toddlers on sugar are better behaved. Boy did we love every single second of it. I am surprised we weren't kicked out of the cinema. Two hours later and we were sobbing and it was time for us to head home. We both had low expectations of it but we were pleasantly surprised; and the one liners, oh the one liners. Americans and Brits both do comedy well, but the Brits have a certain magical way with the biting yet subtle one liners. Once I got home, I put on my running gear and did a 5K to work off some of my energy. Nutso, I know. As I wrote earlier, I was up at 4 and did not get the news I thought I would get and now I am ready to hibernate in my apartment tonight. The Husband is out again and I am trying to decide on a film to watch. I asked on Facebook and I got lots of good suggestions (thank you, friends)... I am actually leaning towards the Wedding Singer because 80's. But I will have to see what I am up for once the Kid is asleep. I might just end up passing out after listening to sad songs from my youth.

Tomorrow is the Kid's lantern fest. It will be the first one I will have attended (I will tell you all the long-ass story another time). For some reason they are not having it in the park this year but rather at the Belvedere palace. It's not too far away but it is a bit of a schlep and wah wah rich girl living in Europe problems. Friday evening I am hosting an Autism in Vienna parent night at the Beaver Brewing Company. Not sure if anybody will be showing up but at least I can have beer and a grilled cheese sandwich. At 10 I will be attending a book fair after party my friend invited me too. I went last year but I was coming down with the flu so I wasn't at full capacity. This year I plan to be ON! Or again, spend another Friday awkwardly standing in a corner, drinking alone. No bueno. I wish you all a fantastic night. I know it will be hard for a lot of you... but remember, this too shall pass. (Don't hold me to that). Happy day after whatever happened yesterday! I will leave you with one of the most swoon worthy moments ever...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge