A Cray Cray Week of Major Ups and a Couple Downs

ZOMG! What a week. I am absolutely emotionally exhausted. It is Sunday midday and I just finished up a short run and I am showered and in flannel. I love cozy Sunday mornings but yesterday was not a good day. In the morning the Kid was a bit of a hot mess; crying and kvetching for an hour. I jinxed it by posting earlier about how perfect the morning was: in pj's, on Pinterest, getting into the Christmas mood. His bad mood eventually passed and then in the afternoon, when the Husband went to the gym, all hell broke lose... another fit. I know what caused it but it was still terrible. It's heart breaking when it happens and it is very hard to stay calm while he tries to attack me. There is a fine line between disciplining and riding it out and it never gets that much easier. I hope this is just a shitty phase and I will need to have better coping mechanisms in the future. Lying on the couch in fetal position is not the best option. The rest of the evening the Kid was good and I made baked zitti. He passed out on the sofa and I ended up watching figure skating which I haven't done in about 20 years. I missed it. Not much has changed.

Which now means I need to start skating again. I am so going to try and go after work sometimes and get my skating hours in and no, I will not attempt jumps because this gal is old and chubby. But there is nothing quite like the sound of skates on ice, going fast and spinning and OH I CANNOT WAIT! So let's do a little re-cap of this cray cray week. Last time I posted, I was recovering from the Halloween craziness on Monday. So besides a quiet night at home Wednesday after finding out I got a promotion (yay), Thursday was when it all kicked off. Earlier in the week I received an e-mail from a lovely lady I had met at a seminar I hosted. She wrote something that pretty much made me dislocate my jaw in shock: a possible location for the Beacon Beach House autism centre. I jumped up and down in joy and tried not to get too excited. I wrote her back an e-mail that contained many professional exclamation marks. She had sent me the address of the building and on Monday, I walked by it and took a picture. I don't want to give away too many details but let's just say it is above an Asian restaurant. I sent a picture to a friend and she wrote back "ABOVE AN ASIAN RESTAURANT! THAT'S JUST LIKE THE NEW GHOSTBUSTERS FILM!" and I was like "OMG I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE THAT AND OMG! THIS IS FATE!!!" because I really really loved the new Ghostbusters film if you haven't guessed that yet.

I waited in anticipation for a few days and then she wrote back on Thursday saying I could come by and see the place. She didn't have to ask me twice. I left work and ran to the location, fingers crossed that it would be amazing. I met the lovely lady downstairs and we walked into the building. She showed me a couple of different options and I just kept saying "OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!" Yes, I am not allowed to ever go into a car dealership, ever. I have no poker face. One floor was just absolutely perfect and I completely teared up. We quickly discussed costs and she might be able to lessen them initially and I totally hugged her and wanted to yell "BINDING HUG! WE ARE FRIENDS NOW!" After walking around in a complete daze and euphoria, she told me she would get back to me on the details and oh please oh please let this work out. It would be a dream come true, an absolute miracle and I kind of need that right now. If this happens, and I have to believe it will, we could be open in a couple of months. I feel like this is some incredible film and again, Leelee Sobieski, put on about 45 pounds and you can play me.

The afternoon was absolutely surreal and I felt like I was on a high that I haven't been on since I discovered a place here that delivers cheese stuffed crust pizza. Nothing was going to bring me down (famous last words, don't want to talk about it)! I had some time to kill before heading to the American Women's Association wine night and decided to treat myself to dinner at Cantinetta la Norma. The owner always tries to give me the window seat, brings me a glass of prosecco without me even asking and it's the perfect place to people watch and/or read. I wrote excited e-mails and day dreamed about the center and after some pizza, I made my way to the Weinplateau. It was a lovely group of women: friends and new people. It was great to be surrounded by a lot of warmth and kindness and by 11, I was tuckered out and ready to head home; and the owner of the wine bar started turning off the lights. What a day!

The next morning I had to be at work by 7 a.m. and then after work, I had to run home because the Kid was having a group therapy session. Our psychology student, our new aide and another psychologist were at our place, trying to have a Skype session with our other psychologist who is putting together an ABA programme for the Kid. Unfortunately Skype failed so instead, the psychologist who was over gave our "aides" some tips. At one point she filmed the Kid with the new aide as they worked on a "mand". Unprompted, the Kid did the sign and at that point our psychology student started crying and then I started crying and it was absolutely incredible to see that the Kid is picking it up and is having a blast. What a moment! I am so so so proud of the Kid and so incredibly grateful for all the support we now have. We are also now very poor.

Just after 5 the session was over and I had to get ready to check out a trade show called Urban 2016. I had received an invite to the opening "gala" night and I was excited! I love feeling special... After eating a bagel, I got all dressed up (trying to find the perfect combination of dressy but kind of cool while wearing comfortable leggings (I did it!)) and put on my fake fur and headed into the night. I was excited to finally check out the 1920s building (Novomatic Forum) that I have walked by a bazillion times. I walked up and was handed a canvas bag that contained a bottle of water, gummy bears and a condom. I don't know what kind of crazy night they were expecting me to have... and the company giving out the bags were from the national train company? Y'all freaky. I walked in and passed over my invite, checked my coat and checked out the show. There were a couple of Teslas and some stands showing off their wares. I walked upstairs and ordered a beer and looked around. There was a mish mash of people. I recognized a couple of Austrian business people. Nobody recognized me. I sat on a stool and waited for someone to talk to me. Unfortunately the only people drawn to talk to me were men in their 60's assuming I was a budget trade show prostitute. I took out my phone and decided to read all about Steven Seagal becoming a Russian citizen. After almost two hours of sitting on an uncomfortable stool and being awkward (I also read about Brangelina), I realized it was time for me to go. As luck would have it, a friend texted me and said she was on a date night with her husband at a tapas place we both have frequented and if I wanted to, I was welcome to come by. All dressed up and suffering pain from a stupid stool and nowhere else to go, I told her I was on my way. I joined her and her husband at Bodega Flores and happily acted like the third wheel... my night out was saved! Thanks, guys!

I have one more article to write today and then I will be meeting a friend for drinks later. She's been on holiday for just over a week and I cannot wait to catch up! The Husband will be going to the gym in the afternoon and I am going to put on my armour and pray that the Kid doesn't freak out again; this mommy's heart might not be able to take it. So as you can see, this week has been a rollercoaster... a complete nutso time. But fingers crossed the location works out and that in a couple of months, we will be up and running. I want to thank everybody for their support and kindness. It has been a hard couple of years and instead of falling into a depression, I have decided to put all of my energy into making changes (probably not the healthiest of coping mechanisms, either). Some people think I might be flighty but for the first time in my life, I really feel I have found my passion.. it is an exciting time! I wish you all a fantastic Sunday and stay tuned for more news on the location!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge