Thank you for all of the Shares and I Pretty Much Did Nothing This Weekend

See title of post. Yaaaas. It is Sunday afternoon and in a few hours, I will see the Kid again! His grandparents were kind enough to take him this weekend and I didn't even realize how desperately I needed to vegetate. On Friday afternoon the Husband and I went to Wien Museum and then stopped at a beisl for dinner. Then we headed home to watch Bulle von Tölz and drool on ourselves in exhaustion. I passed out just after 10 and slept over 10 glorious hours. I thought I would feel re-energized but I didn't so I just shuffled to the sofa and spent another 6 hours watching crap TV, responding to e-mails and messages and once in a while heading to the kitchen for food.

At 4 I got dressed and headed to the Hilton Plaza to whore myself out.. ha, joking, I'm past my prime... I went to the hotel to meet an old family friend. Last time I saw her I was nine years old and we were living in Düsseldorf. I put on my Chanel purse, a lot of make up and jumped on the tram. As I took a seat, I heard a familiar voice and saw that I had sat across from an ex co-worker who just recently retired. Vienna is a village! It was a pleasant surprise and we chatted briefly. He told me I looked fabulous and if you know me, a compliment will get you everywhere... probably even third base. He exited soon afterwards and I made my way to Schottentor. Just before I got to the hotel, I heard someone yell out "TOVA!" and there I saw a couple of friends who were in town for a visit. They were on bikes and we chatted for a few seconds. Again, Vienna, you are tiny for close to 2 million people! I bid them adieu and walked into the hotel. I recognized my date and she exclaimed "Last time I saw you, you were this tall!" and I of course added "And less wide!" We hugged and she took me to the executive lounge because of course. We chatted for about an hour and then she had dinner plans and so did I because kid-free WEEKEND! I met the Husband at one of my favourite places called Cantinetta la Norma. We had a quick dinner and then went home where I put my pyjamas back on and went into a daze watching more crap TV.

I usually have so much energy but maybe when I slow down just a little bit, my whole body says "Yes! The master has abdicated! Remove the endorphins and back-up storage of caffeine. Make her catatonic!" By 10:30 I was in another deep sleep. I slept another 10 hours and had originally planned to meet a friend for a run but I decided "No. I will stay in bed. Can't put on bra." Around 10:30 I lurched over to the sofa where I spent another 3 hours watching old re-runs of Criminal Intent (Vincent D'Onofrio, I heart you long time). It is just now that I am starting to be able to form sentences (there was a mini crisis I had to deal with online). The Husband will go to the In laws soon and then in the evening, the Kid will be back home and I cannot wait! I missed him like crazy and even though I was able to de-stress, life just isn't life without my little boy. I also am mentally preparing myself for a bit of a regression that sometimes happens when he is at the In laws for more than a night. Brace yourself, sleepless nights.

I missed one day of boot camp so I will be kicking my own ass for the next 5 days. It will be a quiet week save for a lot of party prep. I have some last minute things to do and then some grocery shopping. Wednesday is a public holiday, hurray! and then Saturday is the big day! The big show! The Husband unfortunately will not be attending this year. Babysitting fell through but I think he is actually secretly pleased that he can have a quiet night with the Kid at the In laws place (they are gone for a few weeks, they have a very large TV and a jacuzzi tub). I am not sure how I will be hosting 60 people on my own but I will manage... with a lot of bubbly and sheer determination.

Now it is time for me to put on some clothes and do some cleaning. I am meeting a friend for a quick drink soon and then I will be snuggling the Kid until he rejects my affection; like all the men in my life. Womp, womp. I also want to thank everybody who shared my XoJane article. If I didn't thank you on Facebook, it's because sometimes my dumb newsfeed doesn't show me everything. So I am saying thank you for the shares! I have received about 40 messages from people from around the world this weekend and it is just absolutely incredible. I have responded to all of them and I really need an assistant. Or an intern. Or a speed-like narcotic. I jest, assistants are expensive. Once again thank you for all of the support! It means the world to me! Happy Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge