Well Hello There April!

Wow! I cannot believe March is over. It was kind of an OK month save for the WEEK that I have been sick. Last week I was out for the count on Wednesday and Thursday. I was convinced I was better until Monday when I felt my cold creeping up. I went to work on Tuesday, out for dinner in the evening and then BOOM! Wednesday morning I fainted, had a high fever and spent most of the day sleeping and feeling sorry for myself. Yesterday morning I was fever free and went to work and survived.

I did have to postpone my finance coaching because I didn't have a chance to finish up my business plan I have been working on. But luckily my finance coach is super awesome and postponed our session until next week. I was determined to get through the day because in the evening, I was going to a networking event a friend had invited me to. It is a monthly event held at Le Meridien hotel and when I told Office Twin that I was going he was like "That sounds HORRIBLE!" and I responded with "I know! I can't wait!" I met my friend at Wien Mitte and we walked through Stadtpark. An incredible thing happens to Vienna as soon as the temperature hits 20 Celsius: the city comes alive. Bikes are everywhere, families sit in parks and teenagers play football on the grass. It feels like everybody has been waiting for that first warm day. And it seems that some men have been waiting to pull our their short short jean shorts just for the occasion. Thanks, guys. We walked up to the hotel and noticed a long line of people and I was like "Tova no like lines." and my friend agreed so we decided to forgo the networking and instead find a place for drinks. Every patio was packed and I suggested we check out Sekt Comptoir in the 4th. There were 3 tables outside and one woman was sitting at a table for 4. We asked if it was ok to join her and she was kind enough to let us. We asked for a bottle of rose sekt and I didn't ask for the price which always makes me a little noivous. The bottle arrived and our glasses were filled. We toasted to our own networking party of two and the night got started.

At one point, a guy pretending to sell "Augustiner" newspapers (if you live in Vienna, you will know who I mean), slapped a newspaper down on the table in front of me. I suddenly realized that he purposely placed it on top of my phone. And that's when reflex kicked in. I grabbed my phone just before he could swipe it because if I lose my phone, how else will I be able to Instagram all the fabulousness of my life!!?!? The horror! After that close shave, we continued with our night. After a couple of hours and girl talk, we asked for the bill and I won't lie, I was a little worried that somehow we would be paying A LOT! But no, it was incredibly affordable and to top it off, we were offered a couple of free glasses because we are gosh darn so adorable... or because we cheered when we saw the bill. We headed home and I had a skip in my step because I was finally feeling better and the weather was practically balmy. When I got home I told the Husband about the near stealing of my phone and he said "Why do you keep it on the table?" Ugh. Stupid logical question.

So now that it is April 1st, it is time for me to take a look at my past month of exercise and weight loss. I finished my 30 day yoga challenge mid month and continued to do yoga off and on. Getting sick caused a slight hiccup but in the end I lost a couple more pounds so I am now officially down 13 pounds since the start of February. I feel pretty good and I am definitely more flexible. I have also decided to do another 30 day yoga challenge starting today because I enjoyed it so darn much the last time. I am looking forward to a somewhat quiet weekend. I definitely have some work to do re: business plan for the autism center. I finally came up with a theme for the place and I have a weekend of pinteresting ahead of me. Hurrah! Also, tomorrow at noon, you can listen to FM4 for a broadcast about autism. Yours truly will be on for a little bit and you will even hear the Kid in the background. I cannot wait! You can also listen to it online and tomorrow I will post the link on the Operation Tubetop Facebook page. Happy Friday everybody!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge