A Plaid and Poutine Party

Well what a crazy crazy party that was! The House of Canada's very first Plaid and Poutine party was a raging success! Thanks to friends for sharing the details because the RSVP's got up to 143. The Beaver Brewing Company was kind enough to host the event and it was the perfect location for it. On Thursday afternoon, wearing my plaid shirt and pearls, I headed to the bar. I arrived around 5:30 and talked to the servers. They asked how many people were expected and when I said 143, it looked like they would pass out. They were all super lovely and when my friend L.P. showed up (the owner of the House of Canada) we were ready. She even had a Justin Trudeau cut out made for the event and well, there were selfies galore!

The party was set to start at 7 but already by 6, people were showing up. By 7 it was PACKED! Mr. Beaver was like "I should have known. Canadians are polite." It was a full house and some people actually couldn't get in. I talked to friends and met some lovely new people. It was amazing to see so many Canadians in one spot and I guess it just takes some french fries, gravy and cheese to make that happen. Forget peace treaties, serve greasy food.

At one point, as I was talking to Mr. Beaver, my friend A came by and was like "You should totally get commission next time." and then I promptly introduced her to Mr. Beaver, owner of the bar. She was like "Oh MERDE!" and I laughed and I laughed. My friend L.G. came by and when she overheard his name she was like "THAT'S A REAL NAME?!" Oh how I heart my friends. Many beers were drunk and many many selfies with Trudeau were taken. By 11, the party started to wind down and by midnight I was in a taxi, happy as a Canadian with a stomach full of poutine can be. We will definitely try to have this event again... but with reservations.

The next day I was EXHAUSTED and it was my turn to drop the Kid off at kindergarten. We headed around the corner and the Kid took off his shoes and started snuggling with his main carer. She adores him and he snuggles with her all day long. At one point she asked "Does he do this at home too?" and I was like "Yeah, sure. Big hugger!" and while yes he snuggles, he isn't constantly draped over me. Apparently he's got a side piece. When it was time to say good bye he put out his hand to shake. Thanks Kid, for making me look like Captain Von Trapp before he falls in love with a girl who went to nun school.

In other news, the Badeschiff challenge continues. A friend and I started a weight loss/work out challenge back in February. While I didn't lose weight this month... I definitely didn't put any on. And I am back to yoga and for the most part, eating well. The Husband has also turned over a new leaf. He joined a gym and just a few days ago, he went to one of those sport supplement stores to buy protein shakes. I wrote on Instagram that I will probably have to buy him self-tanner and a Speedo soon. Just what the world needs, another Austrian body builder. But I am proud of him for getting healthy and maybe just maybe we will be one of those super healthy couples... yeah, no. I like wine too much. This morning I did some hot yoga and I felt great at the end. And in a little while I have 2 meetings regarding autism. Enjoy the beautiful weather and Happy Saturday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge