Enter Fall Bucket List


It has been a hectic few days. Monday I stayed home with a coughing kid. He is on the mend but gah, was that a terrible weekend! The good news is that I was unable to wallow in self-pity so I think I got over my illness pretty quickly. I will just put this hashtag right here: #martyrmommy On Monday afternoon the Nanny was able to come for a couple of hours so that I could get some food stuffs and more medicine. Tuesday was back to work and luckily the Mother in Law was able to watch the Kid in the morning. He most likely will be off daycare until at least Friday and I am saying a little prayer that we get through this season without another repeat of Oregon Trail - the Vienna Years.

Last night I was able to go to spinning. It felt great to be back in the seat and I am going again on Saturday. It is ridiculously addictive. I did realize last night that my schedule is getting crazier and crazier and I might have to skip the Barre class I was thinking of joining. Which is sad because I had visions on Black Swanning it at some recital or night club. Because recitals and night clubs are so in my future. I think this is a side effect of growing up... learning to cut out certain things and learning to say no to other things. There was an ad for something blogging related that a friend tagged me in the other week and it looked awesome but I realized that I cannot spread myself out anymore... by the way, I might have yet another project in the works! Heh.

Besides being bummed about being sick, I was super bummed that it was happening during the beginning of my most favourite time of the year: FALL! This is like my New Year and every year I make sure that I am ready for it with a new notebook, plaid shirts and fall-coloured pashminas. Like Instragram but with no filter to hide my shame. No, the last few days I celebrated the colder weather in yoga pants and an old T. No bueno. But now I feel ready to start Ye Olde Fall Bucket List that I have mentioned a couple of times in the past couple of weeks. Now, I was Pinteresting like I often do, and I came across a Fall Bucket List via Pop Sugar. I like Pop Sugar for its pretty factor and sometimes useful tips. This list, however, is a list that an Ugg-wearing, comfy sweater toting, ombre-haired, legging'd early 20 year old woman from the Chicago suburbs would make and the cheese-factor is epic. Being an irreverent Ugg-wearing, comfy sweater toting, no longer ombre-haired, legging'd 34 year old living in Vienna, I decided to copy this list in my own style. Every few days I will check off one of the things "to do" this Fall with my own twist. So what is number 1?

Yup, that's right. The Pumpkin Spice Latte. The PSL, yo! The oracle of all things Fall. Now, I am not a huge face of the PSL but there is something inherently Fall-like about drinking something that tastes NOTHING like pumpkin but more like you accidentally huffed your Grandmother's allspice when she had her back turned. I had to order mine with soy milk and apparently that still doesn't make it vegan but whatevs, PSL, yo! After work yesterday, I walked through the city and hit up the ultimate best location for a Starbucks: right in front of the Hofburg. Now, I am not a slave to Starbucks, in fact, give me a melange in an awesome Vienna coffeehouse any day but you can't beat the view at this one Starbucks. And so here is number one of my Fall bucket list. Drink a Pumpkin Spice Latte...AT THE HOFBURG!!!

I cannot wait to complete more of these. Some will take some imagination and some are down right ridiculous, but hey, that's so me. Happy Fall!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge