What is Ahead?

Yay! Hump day is almost over! I actually just finished a workout! It has been almost a month since I have done anything that requires a sports bra and it is so good to be back! I just finished a 40 minute workout on my mini stepper (it's pink! it's fabulous!) while watching an episode of Ladies of London. I totally think there needs to be a Ladies of Vienna. Would be awesome! I'd definitely watch that but that is not saying much considering I thought Jersey Shore was Emmy worthy.

The next few days are going to be busy again and I am looking forward to it! I have also learned my lesson to take it a little easy after the other week of plague-like symptoms. I internalize a lot of angst and overdo it so I am going to be very very careful. Tomorrow evening I am meeting a friend for an early dinner and then we are heading to a wine night she has organized. It will be nice to hang out with lovely ladies and to, well, of course, drink wine. I can't stay too late because the next morning I want to get to work earlier so that I can leave as soon as possible to head to my hair appointment. I have decided to re-visit highlights. How exciting! Heh. On the topic of hair, I cut the Kid's hair on Monday night. I have to cut it when he takes a bath. I might have gotten a little ambitious because he kind of looks like Kate Gosselin right now. Sorry about that, buddy.

On Saturday I hope to get a spin class in and then head to a baby shower for a friend. I too will show restraint (oh please Saturday Tova, show restraint) because the next day is the very first Autism in Vienna workshop. YAAAY! There will be about 11 people attending and I cannot wait to see how it goes! Before the workshop, I will go for a quick brunch for a friend's birthday and then head home for a little bit and then put on something a little more conservative (less booby) and head to Cocoquadrat and set up the room that I have rented. The topic of the workshop is Communication Intervention for Children with Autism. I am very excited to learn more about the different methods. This is the very first ever workshop and I hope this is the start of many many many more. I also want to be able to offer workshops in German and to explore all sorts of different topics. Eventually, if all goes to plan, hopefully by next summer there will be an actual location to host these workshops, etc. I have a ton of work to do the next few months and I believe it will be possible with a lot blood, sweat and tears.

I have always and forever wanted to be a writer, actually, no, first a princess, and then a writer. This isn't a viable option in the fact that everybody wants to be a writer and while my blog is fun, I don't think a lot of people sit back after reading one of my posts and think "Forget Margaret Atwood, this girl HAS GOT IT! That time she used black toilet paper and then thought she had some venereal disease down there - PULITZER WORTHY!" I truly write because I LOVE to write and if it gives me so much pleasure, why should I stop? But since I will not be a rich writer, I need to find something else that fulfills me and maybe eventually pays my bills. I have unknowingly become an advocate for autism. It started with me being an advocate for my son and has morphed into something bigger. I got mad. I got really really mad. I kept and keep hearing stories of parents struggling to make ends meet. Heartbroken parents having to watch their kid be kicked out of kindergartens and schools. Unable to talk to anybody or even find a decent therapist. No, enough is enough. Austria is an amazing country with an amazing social system so why is Autism (something affecting 80,000 Austrians) being so freaking ignored? GAH! NOW I AM GETTING AGITATED AGAIN!

Cough, anyway. I know what my life long passion is now and what it will continue to be and so I hope that I can keep this momentum going and that in a few months from now, have an establishment that will welcome every parent who is facing the great unknown with autism. We will probably serve wine once in a while too. Maybe on Tuesdays? I want a place that has playgroups and therapy sessions and hugs. And the exciting thing for me (because this blog is all about me. #sovain) is that I get to document the trials and tribulations on the blog. And eventually I can look back and think "Ahh, the black toilet paper. Good times" Stay tuned for 2016, I think it is going to be pretty AMAHZING!

It's time for me to eat some dinner and then start watching another Hallmark Christmas movie. I also need to work on my blog post about the US Marine Ball I attended with friends a couple of weeks ago. I am also putting together a menu for a champagne Christmas evening for fabulous ladies that I am hosting weekend after next. The good news is that I am almost done with my Christmas shopping. And I hope to complete my Christmas letter this weekend. Fingers crossed! Have an awesome Wednesday night, everybody and for the continued support and virtual hugs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge