Projects Ahead

I was supposed to go to an editorial meeting tonight with the lovely Vienna Würstelstand folks but my plans unfortunately changed. Now I am home, in my pj's and full after latkes (thank you C.W.), matzoh ball soup and some Christmas cookies. Yes, bit of a bipolar meal, I know. This is my last week of work until Christmas holidays. There is a lot to do at work and I know come Friday I will be running out the doors screaming "FREEDOM"!!

Tomorrow is going to be a bit of a crazy day. I have to get in early in the morning, and then at 10:30 I have to take an early lunch and head over to the University for a press conference for the Vienna Ball of Sciences. I am helping out by live tweeting during the event and I have to make sure to remember to be professional. Very difficult task for me (see: every time I meet important people). Speaking of professional, today I sent off an important e-mail regarding the future autism center I am hoping to open. It is the first step and I am really hoping for some good news. Do I know a lot about business? Meh. I studied business and marketing and I have had corporate jobs... but starting my own business? Not really. My business acumen needs to improve and I am hoping that I end up getting a meeting soon with an expert (that was one of the steps today). Or, if you are an expert and you read this blog, drop me a line and I'll take you out for dinner. I'll pick your brain and ask if business loan meetings involve uplifting 80's music and the heroine clutching a piece of paper that says "APPROVED!" Yes? Just like the movies? Yes?

I also have to create a business plan these next couple of weeks and that is daunting. I totally want to build a diorama, too. Heh. CRAFT PROJECT! Right now the responsible adults in my life are most likely sighing and imagining me like a twelve year old "And I want a million dollars for my center, and unicorns, and maybe some glittery heels. And I would like some Oreo cookies, too." I think my one advantage is that I am incredibly passionate about this project and lack any shame in asking for the impossible. My mother's greatest advice is "It never hurts to ask." and she is right.

After the press conference tomorrow, I have to head back to work. After work I am meeting a friend for dinner at Miznon - the place I wrote yesterday about matzoh ball soup. Again, no shame. Wednesday will be another quiet night and Thursday I might go spinning after work with a friend. On Saturday is the Vienna Würstelstand Vanille Kipferl bake off and then after I am meeting up with an old classmate who will be in town. I don't think I have seen him in almost 20 years so that will be hilarious. And maybe a little surreal. Sunday I hope to head to the Karlsplatz Christmas market with the Kid which might involve a lot of "GET BACK HERE! NOW!" When I got home tonight, he took my hand and brought me to the bathtub and gestured for me to turn on the water. He wanted to take a bath and it was pretty awesome to see him gesturing and being very clear on what he wanted. He makes me laugh!

Another little project is starting on January 1st. Thanks to Office Twin 2.0 (my lovely temporary co-worker who I knew when I first started working at my job almost 4 years ago. She was my boss back then before she retired but I don't like to remind her of that because that will only give her airs. She reads this blog so tomorrow she will probably yell at me) posted a video about a woman who started an album. Every day she would take and print a picture of what made her happy that day. I used to do this in my gratitude journal but without pictures and fancy washi tape so I think this is a fantastic idea! Another friend will be doing it too and I am super excited! I have always been a fan of gratitude and positive thinking so this will be GREAT! Just need to purchase some supplies and I will be ready to go. I should probably buy a photo printer as well because I can't see myself heading out every week to print off pictures. And I also am wondering why I am going to take on another project when I have so much on my plate already but I guess this is what keeps me going.

It's time for me to head to bed soon. I need to remember to bring my laptop and lipstick tomorrow. Maybe my hipster glasses too so that I look smart and stuff. And one last awesome thing to mention... I was in the alumni magazine of my old alma mater; the American International School of Vienna. Next time I will wear a sports bra... or a turtleneck. Sigh. Check it out... the article, not the boobies. https://www.ais.at/uploaded/alumni/docs/gs/AIS_Alumni_GlobeSpotter_Magazine_2015_for_web.pdf

Happy Monday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge