Back to Work... Again

5 weeks have flown by and now it is time to head back to work on Monday. I've missed it and I am kind of excited to forgo stretchy pants and wear a blazer again. But heading back to work means a lot more organising on my part. When I was at home, planning usually entailed whether I would wear a bra or not or if I could opt for a nipple hiding cable knit sweater. Tough times, it was.

And so, because my time will be more limited, I have to plan plan plan. And since I am currently sticking to a lower carb diet, I have to make sure that my meals are planned... One badly planned day can lead me down the path of temptation which could mean an orgy of Mars Bars and Mac and Cheese. It wouldn't be pretty. And the Husband definitely doesn't want to walk in to the kitchen finding his wife smeared in caramel and powdered cheese crying "I'm so fat! Why don't you love me anymore? Want some Mac and Cheese?"

So to not allow a binge frenzy, I have created my menu for next week. Take a look-see. (lunches are easy: salads)

Monday: Taco salad (no actual tacos occur in said salad)
Tuesday: Bolognese with zucchini noodles (I have a special thingy thing that cuts veggies into shapes)
Wendesday: Out but will choose a salad and maybe some ribs... hmmm. ribs.
Thursday: Moroccan beef
Friday: Chicken fajita salad
Saturday: Bunless burgers and a salad
Sunday: Eggplant with bolognese

Now that my holidays are over, it is time to hit the gym again. I've had the luxury to sleep in until 7 the past week and now I will have to set the alarm to 5:45. It is going to be tough, I won't be happy, but in the end it will be worth it to lose a pound in a couple of weeks as it seems that my metabolism has decided to slow down and give me the middle finger. It was easier at the beginning of age 31. Now at the end of 31, the weight just doesn't drop off as fast. I miss those times when I could drop weight in a day by just cutting back a little. Not any more my friends, not anymore...

But off I go! Back into the real world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge