Happy Hump Day

Sup Wednesday! I just got back from an epic run and I will be heading to work in about an hour. I truly love a morning where I have a little bit of time to have a little bit of me time. Yesterday evening I met a friend for beer and it was lovely. I headed home around 7:30 and made a little dinner... in the toaster. The damn stove and oven is still dead. The Husband asked me on Monday night if I would call the electrician and I was like "Bitch, please". I don't even really know how electricity works so the conversation would go something like:

Me: The flippy thing flipped and poof no stove.
Electrician: The flippy thing?
Me: (exasperated) You know, the flip thing that makes the zoom zoom and then the stove was kapow poof!

Listen, I have other strengths. Kind of. Today I will be working a little later and then I plan to spend an evening doing as little as possible. I'm trying to get up earlier in the mornings so that I can get stuff done and then don't have to work at night. We will see how long this lasts. On Monday night, after doing my podcast, I watched the first episode of Die Vorstadtweiber.... by the way, this is the face I make during the show.


It's a good show but there are definite WTF moments. There was a second episode about to start and that's when the Kid came out of his room and sat on the sofa. I decided that he should not watch this show and I took him back to his room. I laid down beside him, put on a podcast and put on my earphones and next thing I knew, it was 1:30 in the morning and I was perched precariously on the edge of the bed. I went back to my bed and had planned to go to hot yoga at 7 a.m. but I was too tired. But I didn't let exhaustion stand in the way of putting on my new vintage style dress the Husband bought me for Christmas. It's a fab 50's style dress from the store King Pin and I even bought a crinoline for it. It didn't fit a couple of weeks ago but now it does... if I don't breathe too much. There's something about putting on a crinoline and a poofy dress that suddenly makes me feel all princessy or like a Stepford Wife. I am totally buying more dresses like this because I am obsessed.

Tomorrow morning I have a spin class and I will also be posting the podcast episode with Lilly Pan. I cannot wait! On Saturday I will be making dinner for my friend D.K. at her place and we will be also recording an episode. By the way, I have a new microphone and I am obsessed with it.

The Kid is back at school and seems to be doing o.k. for the most part. One thing is for sure, he's exhausted. Last night the Husband and I watched a couple of episodes of Seinfeld and I cannot wait to start watching "Z: The Beginning of Everything". It stars Christina Ricci as Zelda Fitzgerald and I think I am going to obsessed with this. It's probably already been cancelled, right? I definitely want to watch it for the inspo because my ball dress is Gatsby-esque and I need to figure out my hair. Apropos, 2 and a half more weeks until the Science Ball. Woot! I better start to get ready for work. And I need to make another coffee. I hope you all have a fantastic day and just know, 3 days until the weekend! Woot! And as always, toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge