Back to the Grind

Hello 2018! Boy, am I happy to see you. 2017, you were o.k., but you were kind of a starter wife, the year that puts me through medical school and then when I am successful, leaves you, 2017, for a younger model...so 2018 and I are about to get serious. Again, I have to be cryptic, but me thinks that this year is truly going to rock. I am currently working on a fun little project and when I told Office Twin about it today, he was excited for me and then I went off on a tangent about what this could lead to and he was like "You may or may not sometimes get a little too excited about things." and I was like "Have we met?". I know that it is a bad habit because inevitably I end up disappointed but at the same time, this is what fuels me and yes, I am a pretty positive person. Peppy? No. Naive? Sometimes. A dreamer? Always.

Monday I posted a podcast about resolutions that you can find here. Yesterday evening I posted the interview with the co-founder of SuperCycle which you can find here. I was also just a tad tired from being over served the night before so there is nothing like interviewing an incredibly fit and gorgeous woman while I want to die in my turtleneck dress and leggings. Cough. And, since it is the first week of January and many many people (me) are looking to start fresh, I decided that tonight I will post the interview I did with the absolutely lovely life coach Scott Robson, founder of The Curious Life. Man, such a fun interview! If you have missed any episodes, you can always find the links on the Operation Tubetop Facebook page. I also hope to finally get my new website up and running in a few weeks but that will take a little while because I also first have to finally finish the Autism in Vienna website which has been a thorn in my side. Speaking of Autism in Vienna, there are a couple of events coming up this month so stay tuned for that as well. Last year at this time I was getting the fundraiser together and that was so incredibly stressful so in a way, I am very much already enjoying this lower key January. But don't worry... I will add to my plate very very soon. As always.

I'm back at work and while I wasn't really looking forward to heading back, it was nice to see my friends again and not watch Paw Patrol. I miss the Kid and he was an absolute delight this Christmas holiday. The only problem is that his sleep schedule is a bit messed up and for the last couple of nights, he gets annoyed that he has to head to bed. Last night we told him it was time for bed and he stomped around the apartment and kvetched and it was kind of hilarious. Of course at 9, he came running out of his room like one of Hogan's Heroes and then crawled into bed with me. For the most part this is alright until he kicks me in the head at 2 a.m. He also woke me out of a deep sleep where I was dreaming that Karl Lagerfeld showed up to my birthday party and gave me a purse. Dammit. That was a good dream. Anyway. Today is another day at work after I get a run in. As I said in the podcast episode on Monday, my 10k run did not end at 10k but rather at 5k. I had an insane shin splint and I had to limp home and I was definitely disappointed. My friend S.R. was like "Oh no! How far away from home were you?!!" and then she stopped and said "Well, I guess 5k isn't too far away." and then I told her I had ended up in Bratislava. We laughed, and then were silent trying to calculate how far away Bratislava actually is from Vienna.

Tomorrow morning I am going spinning and I am looking forward to that. A friend, who I have yet to meet in real life (yes, she is real), wrote me the other day and suggested we try a 7:15 class in the 4th and as I dried my hands off from the oil of a piece of pizza and hated me and my life choices, I agreed. In the evening I have a phone date with a dear friend and I am very much looking forward to that. On Friday afternoon I will be doing a podcast interview with the talented Lilly Pan who designed the Science Ball poster and we are going to have a grand old time! Otherwise we are having a quiet weekend and the Kid may or may not spend another night at the In Laws before they head to a tropical destination for a couple of months. Last Saturday they had the Kid over for the night and when he headed out with the Husband around noon, I crawled onto the sofa and watched episode after episode of Seinfeld. Absolute bliss. Save for snack and bathroom breaks, I spent almost 24 hours on that sofa. It was so very much needed. And yes, Seinfeld still holds up.

I hope you all have a great first week of the new year! I always find this time exciting! CAN YOU TELL? So as always, toodles! AND STAY TUNED FOR SO MUCH MORE!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge