Friday - Raise da Roof

It is 5:05. I'm sitting in my robe. I am cold. It is dark but I am going to put on some clothes soon and head out for a jog. I am at the end of my week 2 training. Last night I met up with a couple of friends for the 1 minute walk, 4 minute jog for 25 minutes thing. We sang Shake it Off towards the end because 3 mommies running down the street does not draw nearly enough attention. We had a quick drink and then I headed home for some foot cooling gel and pyjamas.

Last night I finished the Born to Run book that I mentioned the other day and I am even more motivated than ever to keep going and I am really starting to love jogging which I never thought I would say. This is kind of like me saying "Yes, Crocs are an awesome fashion statement. Lagerfeld should create a line." NEVER EVER! And so, I now put on my hot pink running shirt, my green sweatshirt and my eggplant sweat pants because one doesn't see colour in the dark and get myself geared up for the 1 minute walk, 5 minute jog for 30 minutes. Sob.

Oh lawdy. That hurt. But it was great! Just had a shower, about to make some breakfast for the Kid and then off to therapy for him. The Husband and I both take him there and then we alternate who stays for the session. Today I leave and head to work. Ha. Ha. The Kid seems a little grumpy. Anyway, my run was great and after my long and esteemed career of jogging (been 9 times, kids, 9 times) I have realized that my endurance is very much mentally-based. Here is an excerpt of a conversation between the two Tovas that live in my head. Tova 1 is the over achiever, lover of classical music on rainy days and cooker of good food and Tova 2 is a fan of cheese, Doritos, Kraft macaroni cheese, reality TV and pants with elastic waist bands. The two Tovas usually co-exist peacefully. Tova 2 primarily has custody of the weekends. Now during my interval training, the peace treaty is no mo and the two bicker:

T1: Come on, first round. Just 4 minutes. You can do this.
T2: No. I hate this. I can't breathe. I'm going to pass out.
T1: If you do this, we will have done week 2 and then you get a present.
T2: What?! I'm dying here. I think my heart is about to pop out of my chest.What will I get?!
T1: Another bracelet?
T2: No! I want more! MORE!
T1: O.K., here's the deal... if you finish these 30 minutes, you will get a new pair of designer sunglasses!
T2: Really? Alrighty then!!

Finish jog and pat self on back and bend at the waist, trying not to throw up and then T2 says "Where my glasses at?" and T1 looks down at her feet. "About that. Yeah. You are getting a cut and colour today, that's going to be the gift for week 2. But well done, you!" to which T2 screams "LIES! LIAR! ALL LIES!"

So yes, I have completed week 2. And this afternoon I am getting my hair did. I cannot wait. I have been waiting for this appointment for a month. I have not dyed my hair in forever and I have a 2 inch growth of grey and I think someone got up on the Ubahn to give me their seat the other day. Sob. And so it is time to wish you a happy Friday. There is a solar eclipse coming up this morning and I hope to catch it. I'm going to think of it as a special eclipse that will bring me lots of luck and more lung capacity. Happy Friday.

Addendum: Yeah, so about that eclipse. Chanel sunglasses provide absolutely no protection. I think I might have damaged my retinas because apparently everything I learned at school is for suckas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge