The Housewarming Party

So, it has been a crazy week and I didn't get a chance to write much. I have so far jalked 4 times this week. I was tired this morning when my bastard alarm went off but I figured I had to do it. And I did. And it felt good. After I completed it. Hopefully I will get one more jalk in tomorrow and I will have worked out 40 minutes times 5 times this week. Win! I am so much happier when I exercise and so I will continue. Even when it is cold and blustery. Da hell is wrong with you May?

Anyway, back to the party. Last Saturday we had over 30 people drop by. The list was much smaller in my head but I guess people were sharing in my excitement about the new place and probably wanted to see the damn chandeliers I have been talking about ad nauseam. When hosting a party, I usually spend weeks planning most details and this was the case for this one as well. Then the panic will start to set in the day before. I don't freak out but my blood pressure does start to rise and I get a little snappy. In order to not turn into Joan Crawford, I decided to get the centerpiece done the day before the partay.

After work on Friday, I headed to a flower kiosk and purchased 100 large long stem white roses. If the Husband asks, there was a sale - an amazing sale. I lugged my Victorian garden back home and spent 2 hours making this.

And another angle


Around the apartment were also about 6 vases also filled with white roses. I am kind of done with roses for now.

The rest of Friday was spent cleaning and making a grocery list and thanking the stars that I was able to get the decorating done. Saturday morning involved grocery shopping, playing with the Kid, feeling guilty about sending the Kid to the in laws for the night and because of the guilt, buying him a new summer wardrobe that he could not care less about.

Around noon, the Husband took the Kid to the inlaws and I continued cooking and bitching about filling 160 bouchees. A lot of work, my friends. Usually I make a bunch of different dishes that don't require that much prep but being a glutton for punishment and worrying about our all white living room, I decided to throw tradition out the window and make finger food. Less mess, more stress. Trademarking that, by the way.

The party started at 7 and by 6 we were showered and dressed. Everything was ready to go and I was proud we had pulled it together. The Husband has a come a long way in helping me prep for a party. The guests arrived, tours were given, drinks were drunk and all in all it was so much fun. This party was kind of like a coming out ball. Or rather, a New Year party. It was a symbol of a fresh start for us as a family. I am so blessed that I got to hold this rocking party with amazing people and for that, I am so grateful. But for now, I will take a little break from entertaining and just chill in our new place... and most likely start to plan the next party which is happening next month. Happy Thursday!



Comments

  1. And a splendeedo centre-piece it was. Very elegant! Thanks G'nT for opening your splendiferous home. Brookie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge