Friday Wrap-Up

Well, it is the end of the week and the end our second week in our new place. I'm loving it and I am in such a happy place. We still have to bring more stuff over from the old place and once that is done, I will be officially at ease. This week was a good week and it didn't hurt to have a holiday yesterday. But now I am in that confused state of thinking that today is Monday. A good kind of confused - like low fat cheese.

So here are the highlights from this week, starting from Monday. It's long because I didn't have much time after spending most of my evenings taking selfies of myself in our new apartment.

Monday:
On Monday, a dear friend invited me along as her plus one to a teaser/trailer premiere at the U4 nightclub. The U4 is apparently a Viennese establishment where several generations of Vienna folk have overpaid for Red bull and vodka. Since I am past the years of clubbing it, I thought it would be fun to go and not look like I was there trying to convert the young, plus the premiere started at the sensible hour of 7 p.m. After work I ran home, showered, played choo choo with the Kid, got dressed, re-did my make-up, waited for the Husband to come home and then headed out again. My friend and I headed into the club, got stamped (I totally kept the stamp on for a couple of days because I have not been "stamped" for years and it brought back all kinds of nostalgia #maybemissingmytwentiesslightly), ordered drinks and watched people because watching people is awesome. The premiere was for an Austrian-produced web series called Wienerland. It's a sci-fi kind of show which is totally not my thing but I had a blast. We stayed for a couple of hours and my friend bumped into a couple of girls she knew and it was fun to be out and do something different. We then left and headed to a bar and I wolfed down a cajun vegetarian burger and eu mah gawd did it taste spectacular. We had a couple of drinks and then called it a night. I decided to walk home because our new place is in a pretty safe area and it felt pretty incredible to walk in the warm Spring night.

Tuesday:
A normal work day. I got home just before 6 and asked the Nanny if she knew of any professionals who were good at hanging heavy stuff. She mentioned that her husband was great and I tried to say "no" but she insisted. She even called later in the evening to confirm that he could come by on Thursday. I didn't have the heart to refuse.

Wednesday:
This was the day I finally biked back... on the highest gear, with crap falling off my bike. I had some time to spare so I decided to check out a second-hand shop and buy some platters and small crystal dishes because I need these things for our upcoming housewarming party. I washed them and hid them and if the Husband asks... we have always had these, capiche? Then I stopped for a quick drink because as of now, my time will be much much more limited (half days at daycare as of May. Crap). When I got home just before 6, I made an executive decision and the Kid and I took a little walk through the park. It's awesome to have the possibility to do that now. Loving life! The Husband had to work late so the Kid ended up falling asleep in bed with me. I'm a sucker for his tears.

Thursday:
It was May Day and we had a date with the Nanny's husband. The Husband (mine) was not too pleased that the guy was coming by but I told him to man up (actually, I repeatedly apologized). At 10:00 the Nanny came with her husband and her granddaughter and it was fun bedlam. Her husband was up and down the ladder in record speed, measured every little millimeter and ended up putting up 2 sets of curtains, 2 large shelves, 3 large mirrors and after 4 hours, was still looking for stuff to do. He was amahzing! We tried to pay him but he refused so someone will be getting an incredible gift basket next week. GOOD WORK CANNOT GO UNREWARDED! After they left, I turned to the Husband said "Wow! He was good! I wonder where he learned how to do all that?" to which the Husband said "He used to be an electrician". Aha. That would make sense. Around 4 we headed out into the sunshine and brought a ball with us to kick around with the Kid. He showed absolutely no interest in chasing the ball and to show his distaste, spreadeagled himself across a picnic table and ate cookies. The Husband and I kicked the ball back and forth and after a couple of minutes, we started to get competitive. I played soccer in high school (I was average) and so did the Husband (he was apparently very good) so as the time passed, we started showing off. At one point, while doubled over catching my breath I pointed out that we had never done this before and it was kind of fun. He agreed and then looked over at our sloth-like child counting his fingers while lying on his back. I have high hopes that tennis will be his sport. After an hour we headed back home and kept clapping our hands periodically to keep the Kid awake. Hey, Kid, you miss your nap you gotta stay up until bedtime. Dem da rules. We ate take out and then had an early night.

Friday:
And now we are here. I decided last night that I wanted to work out in the morning; either with Yoga or a brisk walk. I chose the walk. I left the apartment around 5:40 and walked for about 40 minutes around our park. Smelling dewy grass and blooming lilacs while hearing birds chirp as the sun rises while surrounded by turn of the century buildings is right up there with a cheese pizza all for me; heavenly. It was a great way to start the day and interesting to learn that one loop around our park at a fast pace takes about 7-8 minutes. I will definitely aim to walk 3-4 mornings a week.

So that was the week. A mixture of fun and more fun. I am looking forward to the weekend. It will give me a chance to finally unpack the last of the boxes and to bring some more things over and of course to feel like I've got the world on a string every time I look around our apartment. I'm happy to be me. Happy Friday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge