Drinks and Sleeping With the Enemy

It is almost the weekend! I cannot wait! This week hasn't been super hectic and yet I have procrastinated slightly. I know I should be going over my business plan and revising some figures. I know this. Do I do this? No. One friend pointed out the other day "I saw you were making bracelets for your center... how's the business plan coming along?" Dammit! He caught me! Damn social media and my incessant need to update people ALL THE TIME on EVERY LITTLE THING I DO! Just be grateful I wasn't on Instagram when the Kid was born. There would have been a ridiculous amount of pictures of the Kid sleeping and farting. I will get some work done this weekend and hopefully in a week or two, I will start sending off a preview of my business plan to ministries. Fingers crossed.

On Wednesday I met some friends in the afternoon at Fassldippler. They were kind enough to come out to my hood to try out a great little craft beer place around the corner from my place. I showed up at 4 and told them I had only 2 hours to get loaded. I am classy. I had to leave just after six and I said "I have to head home now and get the Kid ready for bed. Then I am going to watch The Real Housewives of New York." one friend said "Real Housewives of New York? You are better than that." and I responded with "No, no I am not."  It was a great couple of hours hanging out in the summer afternoon and drinking beer. And I am definitely looking forward to a repeat and this time I will stay longer and most definitely my dinosaur impression will come out. Remind me, guys. But only after my second beer.

When I got home, the Husband headed out and the Kid and I hung out and watched cartoons. At 8 I put him to bed but I was not expecting him to go ape-shit banana crazy on me. He was NOT READY FOR BED and he screamed and yelled. It was a mini fit and thank goodness for the earlier beer because I was too relaxed and too tired to be a parent and make him stay in his room. Instead, I put on Sleeping With the Enemy and let the Kid lie down on the sofa beside me. I covered his eyes and ears at the first hitting scene, whispering "Men never ever hit woman. They can think about it when they discover you tried to flush meatballs down the toilet but never ever raise a hand to another person." and then he promptly passed out. Pick your battles. I forgot how awesome that film is and how Julia Roberts used to not bug me. Brown Eyed Girl continues to be my favourite song because of this film and I do not have brown eyes but the scene in which it plays was like my dream date at 12. Stage, fake snow, clothes, cute guy. Now that I am older, I am actually a lot more chill. Give me a drink and tell me I'm pretty (extra points if Brown Eyed Girl is playing) and I will act like I was jetted off to Paris in the springtime for a weekend at the George V hotel. Low maintenance kind of gal... mostly.

Thursday morning I took the Kid to therapy and unfortunately the therapist never showed up. We waited about 10 minutes and then headed to his kindergarten. Meh, he got to take a couple of bus rides and that made him happy. I dropped him off and went to work. In the evening I headed home, made some dinner and when the Kid and the Husband got back from the playground, we ate. Around 8, I headed out for a run and decided to try my own type of interval training... which basically meant running like a madman to songs like "Raise your glass" and "Wrecking Ball" and then walking in between songs, trying not to die. I had taken the extra set of keys because my key chain weighs at least 4 kilos. I came to the front door and for some reason my key would not work. I tried and I tried and I texted the Husband to let me in. I saw that the neighbour from downstairs was coming through the park and coming my way and I wrote another panicky text. Nada. I buzzed the bell reluctantly... but I was dry heaving and I did not want to talk to our neighbour. Again, no response. And then she stood beside me and I explained that my key didn't work and then she started to tell me all about the new lock and I wanted to die. She stopped and finally noticed that I was drenched and she asked "Were you on a run?" and my sarcasm skills in German had died because I really wanted to say "No, I just like to stand on the front step, sweating, for fun." but I just nodded yes and thanked her for letting me in. The Husband finally pressed the buzzer but too little too late, buddy. And when I walked into the apartment, he was snappy because the Kid woke up a little bit when I rang the bell. Well, excuse me for being socially awkward! I took a bath and then crawled into bed with a trashy historical romance novel because deep deep deep down inside, I am a hopeless romantic. Go ahead, judge me.

This morning I put on my favourite kaftan (hiding my shame) and made my way to work. I went for coffee with a friend and as we stepped onto the elevator, we both noticed a very good looking gentleman. She was sly enough to see his name on his badge and then we giggled like school girls and told Office Twin all about him and he just rolled his eyes. I went into full on stalker mode and found the guy on the Internet and I may or may not know where he lives now. Yes! I still got it! I haven't randomly stalked someone in a long, long time and it is good to know that I still have some mad detective skillz.

Anyway, another quiet weekend awaits. I am looking forward to chillaxing and shooting some b-ball outside of the school. Ten points if you got that. Have a fabulous rest of your Friday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge