Just Some Dis and Dat!

Sup' Tuesday! It was an early start to the day. I got to work at 7:30 and it was pretty hectic. I am now off work and sitting in Pickwick's treating myself to a Daquiri. Later I am meeting some friends at Columbus Brau for dinner so I need to pace myself. I also am grateful to have a couple of hours to myself and I choose to fill those hours with a cocktail and some blog writing. I wish I had more time to write. I was getting up to about 5 blog posts a week a while ago and right now I am averaging only 3 a week and I do not like that. I do not like that at all. So I am going to try and make more of an effort to write more because even though it is a lot of work, I love it. I love it hard.

My flights and hotel are booked for my Great Big Canada Trip in July. I am going sans Kid and Husband and while I am going to miss them like crazy, I am very much looking forward to seeing my sister and brother and nieces and nephew and my parents. It's been 4 years since I have been to Ottawa and 9 years since I have been to Toronto and I AM SO EXCITED! I arrive July 6th in Toronto in the afternoon, I will check into the fancy schmancy hotel I booked, drop my bags and find the closest L.C.B.O. (liquor store for you non-Ontarians). The last couple of days I have Google Image searched my old favourite haunts and am bummed to note that some of them have closed down. I absolutely adored a place called John's Italian Cafe on Baldwin street. And then there was Big Daddy's which was a New Orleans restaurant and if you have read this blog, you will know that I am OBSESSED with all things Southern. Which reminds me it is time to pick up Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil again: annual tradition.

So luckily some friends were able to offer some suggestions of places to check out and I am so excited that a couple of friends from University are coming to town so that we can act like we are 19 again... but we aren't... Neither are our livers. But we will die trying. Speaking of alcohol, a friend was kind enough to tell me about the history of Uhudler. Apparently the grapes are originally from the States and I guess they are getting revenge for all the times I made fun of American beer. Well played, chubby raisins, well played. In other news, the rest of the week until the weekend seems to be alcohol-free... until Saturday where I will be attending a birthday party at Museums Quartier at Aloha bar and then Sunday celebrating another birthday at a friend's apartment. Other than that... cold stone sober.

I continue to stick to my #fitintoballdress challenge. It is hardcore (not really. I just like to sound fit and stuff) and I am on day 5 but I am enjoying it. I am not losing pounds quickly but I am losing circumference. I know this because my underwear is making a bid for freedom every time I stand up today and I apologize profusely for that sentence. What is in this DAQUIRI?!?! Anyway, I need to fit into a ball dress I wore a few years ago and I know I fit into it once so I will fit into it again and I hope not to have to break any ribs to make this happen. Last year was my first time at the Concordia Ball and I HAD A BLAST! It is a summer ball and is for journalists. I am obviously not a journalist but I totally would have been allover Clark Kent and would have been besties with Murphy Brown if she didn't scare the crap out of me when I was kid. Last year's theme was "Asia" and I wore a vintage Chinese brooch. No cultural appropriation for this gal! This year is a Spanish theme and I am totally going to get me a fan, wear my Spanish style shawl and wear fake flowers in my hair. All of which will end up lost somewhere in City Hall as I run around exclaiming "I'M A PRINCESS!!" through the Neo-Gothic halls.

And on a slightly more serious note, last night I shared a video of the Kid and his attempt to trick me into giving him a bath. I was very proud because he attempted to say "Bath" and dealt with me saying "no" very well. The reason I share these videos on Facebook and on the Autism in Vienna page is that a) I am a Jewish mother and ergo overshare and b) I want people to know more about my son and what we experience with him. I want to break down taboos in this country when it comes to autism and mental health in children in general. I could not love my child more and while I know we struggle with a lot of things other parents don't, I wouldn't change a thing. So there's that. Anyway it's slowly time for me to head to meet my friends for an evening out. I will be a responsible adult and not make it a late night. I have to get a run in tomorrow and if I miss it, I will wallow in self-pity and start looking on Zalando for stretchy ball dresses. I cannot let that happen. Happy Tuesday!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge