Dis and Dat and Smart Friends

I'm trying to write this post but people are distracting me on Facebook with their punny brilliance. This morning I wrote that I was coming up with titles for the book I am writing and I came up with Melange a Trois or Mother Fiaker! If you live in Vienna, or have lived in Vienna, you will be tickled pink at my brilliance. Well, I amuse myself but friends have taken it to the next level. I don't have time to copy and paste right now but my word... most of these are going in my book as chapter titles (thanks to a suggestion from a friend) and yes... I will be taking full credit for the amazing brilliance happening on my wall.

In other news, the Kid is on the mend. He has been home all week and the Husband and the Nanny (and that is not a sentence I ever want to write again) have been able to coordinate and so I haven't had to miss any work. I have missed a lot of work due to the two hospital visits so it was great to get a full week of work in. Last night I had a meeting and then I stopped by Der Fuchs und Die Trauben for a quick late dinner on my own. The food is still out of this world. And they have been packed the past few weeks and that makes my heart happy.

I have been in a pretty good mood and I think it has to do with the fact that I am walking in the mornings again, the Kid is getting better and I am back on Vitamin B supplements. A friend suggested this a few years ago and when I remember to take the blasted things, they do make a huge difference to my mood. They also turn my pee neon so that's a bit of trip. Vienna in the winter is tough. It isn't that it is super cold but it is super grey. A lot of people go through SADS and don't even realize it. Central Europe is grim in the winter, yo. Be proactive and shake those winter blues before it is too late.

I have been productive this week as well. I finally found a super cute to go like mug to carry around. It is mint green and says "Be Happy" which is pretty much my life motto right now. Also, another kids article written by moi got printed on Vienna Würstelstand, so check it out. I also ordered new Operation Tubetop business cards because I am running out because everytime I meet someone new, I'm like "Hi, here you go. Take it! Look the site up!". Shameless self-promotion. Also? Taxi drivers; not so interested in hearing about self tanning disasters or sleep training. Fun fact.

I am back at French. Onto the second level. Oui oui. Tres bien. I told a friend that I would be watching French films every other week to inspire myself. She expressed interest in joining me and then I had to admit that by French films I meant films like Le Divorce, French Kiss and Moulin Rouge. I never was a top student. Obviously.

The weekend ahead looks chillaxed and that is just what I need. I have a lot of writing to do and I need to do a little shopping. I also have to moisturize my hair because I have my hair appointment next Friday. I went for the consultation and I was told I have an "oval" face. This kind of threw me for a loop because for the majority of my life I was led to believe I have a round face... because it is fat. But lo and behold... I have an oval shaped face and I suddenly feel like I have discovered that I have been misdiagnosed for years. How different would my life have been had I realized I had an oval shaped face?! I could have maybe gone to law school, or maybe I could have married rich?!? Oh the loss of possibilities! It was also suggested that I go red. Meh. Why not. Oval-shaped face Tova says "Go for it! The sky's the limit!"

And so, I apologize for the rushed post. I have to get ready for bed because I just downloaded a new book. It is written by a Facebook friend named Shane Lusher. It is called New Blood and it is a thriller and I love a good thriller and I can't wait to start reading it! Download it! That's an order! Nighty night!

Comments

  1. OMG it is April 5 and I just saw this. THANK YOU Tova for mentioning New Blood. I have no excuse. I could talk about my huge work project, my deathly ill three kids or the fact that I fell down the stairs and now it bleeds when I pee. Anyway, Happy Passover and Merry Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge