Birthday Dis and Dat

I cannot believe that it has been 2 weeks since the worst night of my life. I keep thinking how blessed I am to have my little man and to see his face everyday. I am still a bit of a nervous wreck because next Thursday he is getting an MRI and will be put under for that... cue internal freak out from me. We are spending the night at the hospital on Wednesday and that will bring back all sorts of terrible memories. Let's just get this thing done and over with, please! But on to happier things like... my birthday!!! Heh.

Yesterday was the big 3-4. I have been a little ambivalent about the age. It doesn't really strike me as being all that significant. I decided a while back not to have a party. I've been tired and I've been busy and after the event a couple of weeks ago, I truly need to take it easy. I'm also still battling this stupid cough and what is this? A pity party?! No! Not today. Anyway, yesterday was my birthday and the awesome thing is that my office mate shares a birthday. Our minds were blown when we found out!

We talked about what we would do for the big day and we had a couple of ideas. My absolute favourite was the one where we would buy ourselves gifts and then make our co-workers watch us open them. Unfortunately this didn't happen... but what did happen was amazing! Office mate's sister bakes and she bakes good, y'all. She was coming with their parental units to Vienna to visit office mate and he asked her if she could make us a cake. We decided on a unicorn theme because that's how people with birthdays on 11 February roll (not Sarah Palin, though. She obviously doesn't count).

Office mate's sister made this:


I know, right?!?! Amazing!!! If you are in Hastings and you want a beautiful and amazing cake for your partay, please check out Hannah's Cake Shop on Facebook. I have ordered cakes for special events before but this was the most flawless and perfect cake I have ever seen! Thank you Hannah!!
The office party was short but sweet and I had too much sugar and had to balance it out with a couple of beers with a friend after work for an hour before meeting the Husband for dinner. The Husband and I met at O'Connors - one of my favourite places in Vienna, ate too much food and then we were home by 8. I was in a sugar food coma and passed out just after nine.

The Kid came to our bed around 11:45 and kvetched and moved and I noticed the Husband didn't wake up so of course I got all pissy when I had to go to the kitchen to get the Kid some milk and in all my bratty glory said something like "Well this is just a fan-fucking-tastic way to end my birthday." I'm not proud. Then at 5 the Kid woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep and I realize now that he was pissed that he fell asleep when weren't here which hasn't happened in about 9 months. Aw. He missed us.

And because gifts make me happy, I have to tell you about my gifts. From friends I got a gift certificate to a fabric store (yay!) and a light up wand, and I got a pink Christmas bauble, and the first season of Hart and Dixie because, and I quote "It has inappropriate outfits, eyeliner, attractive men and southern accents and I know this will be right up your alley" and she is so right. I got beautiful tulips with a vintage bauble shopping trip planned. The Husband gave me a beautiful necklace and earrings to match and a Guerlain perfume and from my parents I got a gift certificate to COS, a sweater and a Hermes scarf. I had no idea that for 2 months this scarf has been under our bed. I thought I could smell Hermes like a shark smelling blood. I'm obviously off my A-game. Back to training.

The Kid's birthday is this Tuesday but on Sunday we are having his party. It will be small and fun and a Brazillian theme because why not? I cannot believe that he is turning 4. It has flown by! Well, tonight isn't flying by because he refuses to fall asleep. So, the Opernball is about to start. The big ball event of Vienna. A friend is going this year and she borrowed some of mah bling and I like to think that that is kind of like me going. Go forth my sparkles, enjoy the evening! Make Mommy proud!! One day we will go together my darlings... one day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge