Prepping for our Holiday

We're off to Greece in a week and a day and I need to get ready. There's hair removal, exfoliating, manicures, hair dying and on and on. This morning I purchased a so called Pedi Maus which is the European version of the Ped Egg. The gadget is supposed to exfoliate your feet and it is shaped like an egg with a parmesan shredder type thing attached. The idea is that it takes off your dead skin, collects it and then you get look at the grossness that is inside. Meh. Jury's out. I look like I dragged my heels along concrete for an hour. Stay tuned.

I have to get back to self tanning so I don't blind our fellow guests so the first layer goes on today. And since my hair is getting blonder and blonder due to the sun, I am putting a little brown rinse in today so that it doesn't go platinum on holiday. Next, I'm going to book an appointment to get my eyebrows waxed and dyed (dying my eyelashes too) so I can forgo makeup during the day and swimming with full make up is stupid. Note to self: purchase SPF 500 for the trip as well. Busy, busy.

Today is absolutely beautiful and after yesterday's monsoon, I need the vitamin D. I kept the Kid home yesterday so I only had the chance to hit the gym and then this morning I was too tired to hit the gym so I did Zumba after I dropped him off at daycare. After my home spa day, I'm meeting someone for an interview for an article and then tonight I'm making hot dogs on the bbq. I will hold on to this summer feeling all day and be a cheery bastard. No. More. Rain!

I cannot wait to see Greece again and swim and to also see the Kid lose his ever loving mind when he sees the hotel that has a pirate ship slide and splash pads. I also cannot wait to spend evenings on the balcony with the Husband, drinking cheap wine and talking about the other guests. That's our favourite hobby! Time to self tan!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge