Christmas Concert Tonight and Some Dis and Dat

Well I had a whole thing written out about politics but we just had a talk at work about avoiding politics so I decided to delete my paragraphs. But... I think it is pretty clear about how I feel about a certain vote that happened somewhere yesterday. I think that a marginalized group of people should receive incredible praise for doing what they are doing and for dealing with so much crap and so, here is a gif to sum it all up. Thank you. You will be changing the world. And I will do my best to support you.

So... what's new? Well you can hear all about my cray cray weekend of yore on the latest podcast episode which you can find here. A huge huge thank you to C.B. for one of the biggest surprises of my life. Here is the picture of the card (if you didn't see it online) and as I said, I totally cried. It was amazing.

I have decided that in the new year I will try and set it up and kind of put everything that I do together on one site: my blog, my merch, my adventures in autism... maybe some glamour shots. I will also be selling some kind of cool t-shirts in the new year so stay tuned for that. This year has been a series of ups and downs but it really has been a learning year and I am very much looking forward to 2018. I think it is going to be pretty spectacular. I will be doing a New Year podcast and of course a blog post about all my goals and stuff. I have lots and lots of goals and resolutions for the upcoming year so hurrah! I am still doing my 24 Days of Christmas challenge. I still have many many to complete but I will make it. I might have to make Vanillekipferl because I promised and I hate myself. Tonight I will first have an early dinner at Cafe Francais (maybe even have a burger? Le Burger?) and then afterwards I will be attending a concert at the Votivkirche. It's the cathedral at Schottentor that is often overlooked. Just like I was as a middle child. Womp womp. Tonight is a free concert and will feature a choir from Newfoundland. It starts at 7 and I am ridiculously excited! I haven't been to a Christmas concert in years. The last one I attended was the Kid's at the old kindergarten. Issues had already started and we knew our days were numbered but I remember being so damn proud when he stood on that stage with the other kids. One of the providers, after the show said "Well, he didn't sing though." And I could have decked her. But I didn't. Wait, decked her? You mean deck her halls? Ahahaha. I'm on fire. So yes, tonight will be filled with magic and song and Instagram posts and I will most likely cry.


Last night was the first night of Hanukkah. I lit the candles, made a bagel and some matzoh ball soup. I also watched the Christmas Prince (suggested (threatened) by a couple of friends) and reviewed it on a podcast episode which will be coming out tomorrow. Reviews are A LOT of  work just to drive that point home once more. The Kid makes a cameo because even though he was exhausted, he wanted to hang out with me. For a little while he snuggled as I did my podcast but then he decided it was time to party so I had to bring him back to bed. He luckily fell asleep soon after. Little bugger. I love him so much. I hope you all have a fab Wednesday and please be kind to each other. People are mad and people are scared but let's treat each other with respect and try to be kind. In the end we will get there... I hope. Thank you for the continued support! As always, toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge