Taking it a Little Easy This Morning

Hello Wednesday! Well, this is a cozy mother loving morning! We are halfway through week 2 of the Kid going to school and I could not be prouder. He has been in a tremendous mood and full of energy. I don't know what is happening at school but so far, I am happy. The early morning wake ups have been difficult. Getting up just before 6, getting the Kid's snack box ready, getting him dressed while he is half asleep and keeping a smile plastered on our faces the whole damn time is definitely exhausting. The bus comes around 6:35 and I look out the window and yell "THE BUS IS HERE! GO GO GO!" and the three of us traipse down the steps, two of us hoping that the third person in our party is still excited about getting on the bus. He is. So far.

This morning the Kid woke up in a giggly mood and I chased him around with socks and a sweater while trying to get him to have some milk and a fruit bar. I'll take giggly and wild over cranky and volatile any day. Wednesday is another long day for him so fingers crossed he keeps up the trend of being happy (feel free to light candles and burn sage too. Thanks). For the last few mornings, after the bus picks him up, I have been going for a run and it has been awesome. But this morning I decided to crawl back into bed and just take it easy. I am currently drinking a cup of tea in my slippers and bathrobe and truly wishing that I worked from home. Total absolute bliss. The Kid starting school is not just a new chapter for him but for us... in that mornings will never be the same again. Am I an adult now? Debatable. Yesterday afternoon I had a meeting at Hard Rock Cafe to talk about an upcoming event and afterwards had dinner with a friend there. I ordered a side of mac and cheese and a side of caesar salad (it's healthy because there is lettuce, covered in cheese and cream and bread) and then shared some Oreo cheesecake. I was too full and decided to walk home to a) walk it off and b) get some winning numbers on my pedometer. Did I mention that I am in a walking team at work? Six of us have to wear little walking thingies and try and make at least 10,000 steps a day for the next 100 days. I meet that daily goal easily because apparently I am the human version of a hummingbird... but I need to lay off the proverbial sugar water (cake).

I will be starting work a little later today because I have to work later and then afterwards head to a charity event. It won't be a late night because we have another early morning and rinse and repeat. I even said to the Husband the other day "I kind of can't wait for school holidays." and he agreed. Let me just add that I don't really mean that because balancing holidays can be an absolute nightmare. Speaking of nightmares, Office Twin is dead to me (as always). I wore harem style pants and a white shirt and slipper-like loafers on Monday. I was talking to a co-worker and Office Twin was there and he kept giving me and up and down look and I was like "Dude, take a picture. You're freaking me out." and he stopped and said "Why are you dressed like Bruce Lee today?" UGH! So I killed him with Kung Fu. Afterwards I told my friend S.R. about what Office Twin had said and she said "Did you know that Bruce Lee died because he had zero fat on his body?" and I responded with "NO! It was a curse placed on his family and that is why his son also died while shooting The Crow!" and then she sighed and walked out of my office.

Yesterday she also judged me. We were talking about space and she said "Do you know why it took so long for the first person to exit the shuttle and step on the Moon?" and I looked at her and said "No! Why?" and she responded with "They flipped a coin." and I looked at her all wide-eyed and said "Really?! That's so cool!" and she cocked her head to one side as we walked in silence and then I asked "But how do you flip a coin in space?" and she stopped and yelled "THAT'S THE JOKE YOU NUMPTY!" Yup. I'm smart. So now I have to exit my cozy bed and put on adult clothes and make my way to work. It looks like it will be a fab fall day and that makes my heart happy. I hope you all have a wonderful hump day and stay tuned for more podcasts and more stories! Toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge