A Rough Couple of Days and a Happy Jewish New Year

Sup? Happy Jewish New Year! I said that to Office Twin this morning and he was like "In September?" and I was like "Yeah, we have a different calendar that we don't tell you about." Apparently it is year 5778. It's the future, guys! What is Jewish New Year? Well, we Jews usually celebrate it with apples and honey but because I am irreverent and not super religious, I will probably be taking a shot of apple cider this evening and maybe adding some honey to my tea. But I am having a bagel for dinner so that's pretty symbolic. Jewish New Year is a time to reflect and to plan the next year ahead. I think the past year has been quite amazing with some lows and highs and I just know that this next year is going to be the best one yet... well... it better be. Next Friday is the not so fun holiday of Yom Kippur. It's like one day of Ramadan and you can't eat until the sun goes down. I think they made it only one day of fasting because if you have ever met a hungry Jew, well, it isn't pretty.. there's a lot of talk of blood sugar and passing out.

Anyway... if you listened to my podcast last night (please listen to my podcast and share it because I am fueled by praise), you would have heard about the Kid's freakouts and the school calling. Blergh. Yesterday he stayed home and had another one in the afternoon with the nanny and the therapy aides (one girl was there to observe for the first time and I have to write her and see if she is still on board) so we decided to keep him home today. It fills me with such anxiety every time they happen... Apparently he has been a star today and we have 40 minutes until bedtime so fingers crossed! Gah! The pressure! We can do it, kiddo!


As I also mentioned on the podcast, the Diana Krall concert was out of this world and made me want a piano and to start playing again. Maybe Santa will buy me one but I am pretty sure Santa will buy me a gift certificate to La Bonita Spa and that's o.k. When I stumble upon an abandoned Rembrandt, I am so buying myself a piano.. and a new nose. And also from the podcast, I talked about the Wien Museum collaboration! What a labour of love and I am so so happy it is finally happening. I did, however, have to write on the event page today that this event is for people with autism and their families only. I do believe in integration but this is a special hour for kids and families to experience something new and in an accepting environment. The thing is, it gives these kids a chance to become familiar with a location and then in the future, they can come back. Just to repeat myself for the bazillionth time, a huge thank you to Wien Museum for doing this and I can't wait for more organizations to follow suit... don't worry, you will probably be getting an email from me shortly. I won't stop.

The Husband is out again tonight and I am at home, chilling with the Kid. I will throwing him into bed soon because it will be another early morning getting him onto the bus. The only benefit of getting him on the bus at 6:35 in the morning is that I am up and awake and then I am able to get a run in. I have been running (jogging) for the past 2 weeks pretty consistently and it feels absolutely amazing. I throw on my ear phones and listen to My Favorite Murder and I even ran in the rain this morning and kept saying to myself "Yass. You are so hardcore, lady. Oh look, croissants! No, keep running. Through the rain. Feel the pain!" I told you I was masochistic. Speaking of exercise, there is a spinning place opening up in the 4th soon. I used to go to Radikal Spin in the 6th but it changed management and moved a little further away so I stopped going... but I found out today that they are going to hopefully opening up in the middle of October and not far from where I live and hooray! I do love spinning! For the new readers, spinning is on a bike and has nothing to do with... well, spinning in a circle.

Tomorrow is the therapy networking evening and I am looking forward to that! I don't stay at the table long because I am not a professional. But I make sure introductions are made and then I usually hang out at the bar and talk to a friend and drink a little. Before that, I will meet my friend L.P. for a quick drink at Cafe Francais and then head to the Beaver Brewing Company. On Friday I may or may not be doing a podcast with a couple of ladies and on Saturday, if the Kid is being good, we might ship him off to the in laws for the night. This means I plan to spend a good 24 hours on the sofa watching the TV and wearing stretchy pants. I CANNOT WAIT! My only movement being forced by bathroom breaks and when searching for food. Huzzah! God I wasted my childless 20s trying to do things on the weekends. Oh well. So what is planned for the next few weeks in the life of Tova? Well, I plan to get back to writing my book, doing more podcasts, thinking up new activities for Autism in Vienna and of course to keep on running. It's the best time of the year and in about 10 days I get to start decorating for Halloween! I really need to start watching my favorite Halloween movies to get in the mood. I do love foreplay. Heh. It's called Gucci. Anyway, have a fabulous Hump Day! And toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge