An Offline Day

Sup? So I am technically not online today. I decided on Saturday as of 9 p.m., to take a little break from social media. Nothing dramatic, I just wanted a little break. It is so easy to pass time when there are a bazillion updates to read, private messages to respond to, and of course, Instagram pictures to fawn over. I am writing this on a Sunday but won't be posting it until Monday morning.


When I told the Husband that I had announced on Facebook that I was going offline he scoffed and asked "Why would you even have to do that?!" and I exclaimed "BECAUSE OTHERWISE PEOPLE WOULD THINK THAT I HAD DIED! THAT'S WHY!!" Obviously he just doesn't understand social media... or he is correctly pointing out my addiction to it. Cough. Anyway.. Let's get started. Saturday morning, the Kid came tearing into bed at 5:40 and then slept for another hour or so. The last few days this has become his new schedule and that is o.k. As long as we can get him up by 6 on school days, we will survive! By 7 the Kid was up and ready for breakfast and cartoons and I made myself a cup of coffee and I was very very happy with the grey and rainy weather. Finally! Coziness level 100! I had to leave at 9:30 so this gave me a little time to relax and then spackle on lots of make up and brush my hair which is currently a disaster (I'm having hair drama. I don't want to talk about it). The plan on Saturday was to help out my lovely friends from Craftwines. They need stock photos and they asked if some people would be able to help out and I, even though I hate my picture being taken, said "sure". It also helped knowing that they would be serving wine. I got to Craftwines around 10 and shortly thereafter we started shooting the Christmas theme... with Christmas music playing. This is usually sacrilege because I firmly believe in waiting until after Halloween to start Christmas decorating. My motto is: Satan before Santa, but the rules were broken on Saturday, my friends. That's o.k. Going outside of my comfort zone.


For a good three and a half hours we changed outfits, posed and drank wine. And then I had to head home because I hadn't seen much of the Kid the past week. It was a fun way to spend a Saturday but I don't think I will ever be fully comfortable having my photo taken. And I don't think I want to see the pictures that were taken of me... ever. Meh. My own issues. Once I got home, I threw on my pjs and snuggled with the Kid and then for dinner we ordered Chinese take out and it was all sorts of cold day perfection. Unfortunately the Kid was in a bit of a sad state: he cried a lot but thank God he wasn't aggressive. Sometimes I think his medicine dose is a little too much and he feels a little emotional. Otherwise he was a super star and he was happy to head to bed later. This morning he came charging in again at 5:40 and slept for another hour. It was another super rainy morning and we watched Caillou for the first time in years. I fucking hate Caillou and I forgot how much I hated that kid. He's a cartoon, I can say that. A little while later the Kid seemed a little off so I decided to get him out of the apartment and into the rain so I could prove to him that a Sunday on the sofa is the best thing in the world. We headed out into the rain and made our way to the bakery, feeling very European and all that jazz. He happily walked in the rain... damn, my plan  of convincing the Kid that inside is better did not work.

As we walked down the street, an older woman saw an older man she knew and yelled out "Na Servus!" He looked up and greeted her with a "Na Hallo!" and she responded with "Where's your wife?" Oh lady, I see you. He responded with "She's at home!" and started to walk on when the lady said "Oh? Well, I'm heading to church now. Would you like to join me?" and he smiled and said "No thank you! But feel free to pray for my wife and me!" and BAM! Friendzone! Brilliant! The Kid and I turned the corner and walked into Anker. It's been a while since we have done this and I prayed that he would be good and not hold the store hostage. There was a woman paying when we walked in and I believe she was paying for her baked goods with 1 cent coins and maybe a paper clip. The coins, she kept dropping, and I was this close to whipping out my wallet and paying for her... because I never know if the Kid is going to lose his shit suddenly. Luckily she paid and then I ordered some croissants and then we headed back out into the rain. The Kid was a star and walked back home happy as can be. He threw off his shoes and raincoat and ran to the kitchen, eager for his chocolate croissant. I waited for the rain to slow down a little bit and then put on my running gear and put on my earphones...if I was not on a self-imposed social media ban, I would have posted about it and would have used the hashtag smug. I may or may not have briefly thought about contacting a friend via Whatsapp to post on my wall for me, to tell all my friends how I am awesome runner, but that would have been against the rules.

After my awesome and rainy run, I had a croissant and tea and the Kid ran around like a thing possessed. Around 1 we decided to take the Kid for a walk to the Belvedere in the rain. I don't mind rainy weather if I have nowhere to be and am not wearing make up. The three of us walked through the rain and then entered the Belvedere grounds. We walked towards the Lower Belvedere and it was going great until the Kid saw the cascading fountain and just had to make a run for it. We looked like we were kidnapping the Kid as we hauled him back up the hill, laughing so we wouldn't look like deranged psychos. The Kid wasn't upset but he sure as fuck was determined to not make it easy to get him back up the hill. He obviously has learned that playing dead makes him weigh at least 100,000 pounds. We made it back out of the grounds and he was fine and happy and we walked back home in the rain. By the time we got back we were soaked and I made the Kid some toast, put on pjs and then we watched Formula 1.... I also catnapped a little because rainy Sunday. For dinner we ordered Indian food and I just realized that we have been ordering and getting take out way too much recently and I need to get back to meal planning. I have an amazing crockpot that I need to take out and put to use. Not only will this save us money but nothing beats coming home from a long day and smelling food in the apartment. Yaaas. That will be the plan. Once I get my act together and start acting like an adult and not a frat boy. And then total domestic awesomeness will kick off again. I thrive in the Fall. I promise, Martha, I will be better.

Tomorrow evening (or tonight seeing that I have posted this blog Monday morning), I will be seeing Diana Krall in the Konzerthaus. I cannot wait! I have only been to two concerts in my life (I'm not counting operas, classical music, ballets and musicals). One was Roxette and the other was Bon Jovi. Go ahead and judge me... I'm not good in crowds. But this will be different and I am so excited. I will head straight from work, grab some food and then get ready for some awesome jazz. Woot! The rest of the week should hopefully not be too crazy. Wednesday I have to work late and on Thursday is the therapy networking evening but otherwise, nothing much planned and that is perfection. These early morning wake ups are making me want to head to bed by 9 p.m. The other night I crawled into bed, put on a My Favorite Murder podcast (which probably isn't the best to fall asleep to) and as I had just dozed off, the Kid appeared in bed and I almost had a heart attack. Good times. I will also be podcasting sometime this week and I have a couple of guests lined up so that will be a blast. Thank you for listening and for being supportive of this random new venture. I am having a blast with it! If you missed the last one, you can find it on Podbean. I talked about being happy and how to be happy and all that obnoxious guru stuff because if things don't pan out, I could look into starting a cult. It would involve wine, yoga pants and talking about whatever randomness pops into your head. Mass would involve cozy throws, Yankee candles and big bulbed wine glasses and of course cheese pizza. Yes. A fantastic cult. Anyway. I survived my no social media ban and now I can post again with reckless abandon. So, yay? I hope you all have a fabulous week! Toodles!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge