A Great Couple of Nights and Dis and Dat

Well, the Kid had a freak out this morning. Not sure what brought it on. Part of me thinks he is just saying a big "Fuck You!" because we sent him to the in laws on Friday. Another reason could be because of the random bug bite he got while he was at the in laws and maybe it is bugging him. Who knows. Pass the gin. But we are all ok and we will just have a quiet day at home. I need to get some more writing done and of course brainstorm ideas on how to make money for the autism center. I once did hair string wraps in high school to raise money. Maybe I could try that at work? Oh well, something will come to me. I am not above most things. I even briefly considered looking for additional work at a bar the other day but that would be a little too cray cray even for me. "What can I get you?" "A large beer, please." "GET IT YOURSELF YOU LAZY ASS! And I AM A PRINCESS!" Yes, this would be perfect. Sigh.

I'm actually in a pretty good mood. The last few days were lovely and on Friday I even slept for 11 hours. That's like two nights of sleep for me. I felt like I was high for most of Saturday, walking around in a smug daze. So let's recap the past few days, shall we? On Thursday, after work, I headed out to meet a friend of a friend. We went to the same school here but never met because he is older. He's a guy, I am allowed to say that. We met at Cafe Francais and it was incredibly hawt out. But there is nothing quite like sitting outside of a cafe, overlooking the Votiv cathedral (a.k.a the ignored sibling of St. Stephens) and having a great conversation. It was too early for me to eat so I drank instead. Such a surprise. Such a mistake. We talked for a couple of hours and it was great and then I had to bounce to the Beaver Brewing Company for a Vienna Expats meet and greet. My new friend offered me a ride to the BBC and when I walked in, I was happy to see a couple of friends already there. I spent a couple of hours meeting people and catching up. Then I had to go to my third appointment of the evening: at WUK. There was a beer something or other happening and couple of my friends were there so I walked down the street and walked into the neato courtyard of a former factory and met up with them. I ordered a large white wine spritzer and realized that I had forgotten to eat the whole evening. When I get excited, I forget to eat and that is not a good thing... or else I need to find a way to always stay excited. Working on it. I stayed for about 30 minutes, said incredibly inappropriate things and then ran out just before the rain started. I grabbed a cab and Instagrammed about what a wonderful evening it was... because it truly was.

When I got home I made a toasted bagel because, Jewish. And then passed out. The next morning I was able to stay in my pjs because for the first time ever I was able to work from home. Holla! It's amazing how much you can get home when you aren't busy trolling Office Twin or going for coffee. The Kid spent the night at the in laws (the first time in almost a year) and the Husband and I met for a drink and then had a quick dinner at Fassldippler around the corner. We were home by 6:30, eating ice cream and each on our own sofa, watching true crime shows. By 10:30 we were exhausted and it was time to sleep. I woke up the next morning at 9:30 and was completely disoriented. I made a smug breakfast of yoghurt and fruit and then in the afternoon, made my way to a friend's son's birthday in the 18th. There were a lot of children and thankfully prosecco. It would have been overwhelming for the Kid so I am glad we didn't attempt it... he was at the in laws anyway, on their terrace, playing in a paddling pool for hours. I caught up with some friends (some of the adults were hiding around the corner, close to the bar) and then had to head back out into the heat and go home. The Husband and the Kid got home around 6, I made dinner and then once the Kid was in bed, we watched an episode of Southern Charm. Perfection.

And now we are well into Sunday post-freak out. So far so good. As I mentioned earlier, it will be a quiet day at home today. The Kid is back at kindergarten tomorrow and I am back to work. This week will be a quiet one save for a facial Tuesday afternoon. I need a little down time to work on my book and do some work for Autism in Vienna. I also need to detox a little. I might go out, I might not. It all depends on the weather and my mood. So, I wish you all a fabulous Sunday! I hope that you are all able to enjoy it and that this heat in Vienna and hasn't driven you to madness, yet... Toodles!

Comments

  1. Come and see how 1,000's of people like YOU are earning their LIVING from home and are fulfilling their dreams TODAY.
    GET FREE ACCESS INSTANLY

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge