Twenty-four Hours of Positivity and Friday Wrap-up

'Sup? It's Friday! Yaaay! This week has felt long and it has been ridiculously hectic. Things have been happening behind the scenes but I can't make anything public until I know some things for sure. Regardless what happens, I know that I can have some confidence in myself. Oh alright, I'll tell you... I've been chosen for Austria's Next Top Model. You're welcome. If you are new to this blog; no, I was not chosen to be a model. Never will be... and I'm o.k. with that.

Moving along. This weekend will be a bit busy. Tonight will be an emotional night, tomorrow I am attending a girls' night and on Sunday we are hosting a small brunch. No rest for the wicked. I feel like I need a little Eye of the Tiger in the background.

So anyway, here is a quick Friday wrap-up:

Number of early morning walks: 5
Number of streets crossed to avoid vomit and still-drunk people: 6
Stepping on the scale and getting the sads: 2
Watching the Kid feed his stuffed dog milk from a bottle and tearing up with joy: 1
The Kid saying "puppy" and me tearing up again: 5
Daycare drop offs: 2
Daycare pick ups: 1
Commenting on how damn short Amanda's skirt is on Melrose Place: 4
Delicious glasses wine: um, can't do math, sorry.
Novels read to the Kid at bedtime: 1
Margaritas consumed: 1
Enchiladas inhaled: 4
Christmas presents purchased: 2 (and 1 fo' me!)
Pilates attended: 1
Calling myself faaaaaaaaaaat: Countless
Lectured for using the word "gotten" in this blog: 1

So I wrote her a poem on her wall:

A better sports bra, I really should have gotten.
Now I feel a little rotten.
So next time I won't forget,
For my boobies will regret,
That better support was not gotten.

I obviously take constructive criticism maturely and in stride.

Now, one thing I would like to quickly mention is the challenge I implemented yesterday morning at work. Well, I nominated my office mate as well. The idea was that we could not complain for 24- hours. As some of you know, I am a huge believer of positivity. I feel that if I consciously make an effort to find the awesomeness in everything, it will definitely come back to me- the awesomeness not something else. This type of thinking has really been the only thing keeping me sane this past year.. oh, and Penfield's wine.

Also, I still write "10 things that I am grateful for" every night. O.K. yes, I took a little break for a month or two because I started writing things like:

"I'm really grateful that the Husband fell asleep right now or I would kicked him in the shin or he would have smothered me with a pillow. THANK YOU!"
or
"I'm really grateful that the universe is being a clusterfuck of assholedness because I have a lot of new material to use for my blog. THANK YOU!"
or
"I'm really grateful that I consumed all the candy because now I can list creator of diabetes as a skill to my resume. THANK YOU! "

Yup, I got a little bitter. And a little fatter.

But things have been on the up and up and oddly, within a couple of hours of actively not complaining, a couple of amahzing things happened. I know it is all coincidental... or is it..?

So I'm not giving up on my positivity. Nu uh. Never. Niemals. This happy gal is here to stay. Well, until something else comes along. But that would be negative thinking - so scratch that. Sky's the limit! Happy Weekend!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge