All I Want for Christmas...

O.K. O.K. I know that it is too soon to talk about Christmas but you know what? We are about 6 weeks away and that is a little too close for comfort for me. I have a ton of gifts to purchase and glitter to glue to shit and I might be freaking out a little. I have shown extreme restraint by not decorating yet. I am waiting until the weekend before December 1st. Then all bets are off; it will look like an elf had his first innapropriate dirty thought in here. It is going to be amahzing.


I have a whole slew of films to start watching. This is my list: Elf, Home Alone 1 and 2, The Family Stone, Love, Actually, Scrooged, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation (I literally giggle myself into an asthma attack when the squirrel scene happens), Jingle All the Way (what? Arnie is a national hero, shut it), White Christmas, Gremlins, The Santa Clause, The Santa Clause 2, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Fred Claus, anything from Lifetime starring Melissa Joan Hart and/or Tori Spelling.. Oh so much cheese! I can't wait. But I will save re-caps or another post. So, today, I will write my Christmas list because it makes it so much easier for the Husband to avoid a huge amount of pouting on my side when the big day rolls around. I'm not going to talk about Christmas 2005; there was a toy boat and a set of squash rackets involved. It wasn't a good night.


Now, I know that I won't get most of these gifts and some of them are a little outrageous, but hey, so am I. Let's take a walk in fantasy land and see what is on the list.

A nice sized day diary. The Husband actually gets me one every year and I love it. So here is hoping for another one!


Any Martha Stewart book. A dear friend bought me the Halloween Martha book years ago and I about lost my mind but now I feel like I need more. MORE MORE MORE! Actually... any type of cookbook/craft/fashion book makes me so happy.


A spa gift certificate from La Bonita Spa because I love that place and Mommy currently looks like a leper patient.


Bikram Yoga Loft gift certificate - because I need to go back.

A new and thicker yoga mat - preferably in pink. And if someone can create a glitter yoga mat, you win the world.


Anything workout related, socks, smoothie cups, sport bras that don't trap me (the other day, in the morning, after my shower, I attempted to put one on for pilates and I got stuck. I literally dislocated my shoulder trying to get it back off and after much grunting and scarring my child for life, I gave in and headed into the bedroom to wake the Husband to help me get out of the contraption. He was momentarily excited. I shut that shit down, fast. Stupid spandex)


Scented candles in lavender or vanilla or pleasing spices. Any kind. Love that stuff.

Anything sparkly. I'm a freaking mockingbird. Put crystals on anything and I will be yours forever.

Comfy leisure suits. When I am at work or out with the chance of bumping into someone I know, I dress up. But when I get home, I turn into a chubby Brett Michaels' groupie. I love to whip off anything without elastic and put on forgiving velour clothing. I don't care what I look like as long as I can take a deep breath without snapping open my industrial-strength bra and blinding an innocent child.


And so far, that is about it for my list. No doubt I will spend the next couple of weeks on Pinterest, finding more crap to want... because... that is how I roll. And I should probably register for a juicer, a panini grill, a jewellery kit, a new laptop, a turban winter hat, a Snuggie with pockets... oh man... Need to make another list and perhaps think about my selfish life choices.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge