This and That

Monday and Tuesday were great; played tennis both days, picked up the Kid and then headed to a friend's apartment. She has an enclosed courtyard so it was perfect in keeping the two year old contained. Yesterday I spend the morning making gluten free lasagna and spinach spiked brownies. The recipe is from Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook and the idea is to trick kids into eating veggies. Tricks me too. Win. This morning I bought some baskets to organise the bedroom and tomorrow morning a friend is going to help me drill in shelves. This can only end well. Pray for me.

It's day 6 of being gluten free and it feels good. I haven't lost weight but I feel like I have more energy. I ate way way way too much of the lasagna last night, so tonight I am making Tom Kha Gai soup and pork spring rolls. No cheese. Good for me.

In other news, the daycare is impressed with how well the Kid is doing, You may or may not remember the fun time I had visiting a child therapist? Yeah, that was awesome. Well, on Monday when I picked up my darling, the head daycare provider person something said to me "He has been so much better! It must have just been a phase. Tee hee." GAH! See, if my life was a film it would have gone down like this:

A chunky Leelee Sobieski would play me. I would be wearing something stunning instead of my too tight tennis skirt. The Kid would be wearing a popped collar Lacoste shirt and not the wife beater his father decided to put on him in the morning. 

Daycare provider: He has been so much better! It must have just been a phase. Tee hee.
Leelee (Me): I spent 180 euros to be told my kid was normal! You made me feel like shit for being a working mom! I lost sleep with visions of my son in juvie or report cards detailing worrying behaviour like shaving other kids' heads! A phase? A PHASE?!?!?

And then Bittersweet Symphony would start playing in the background and I would take my son by the hand and walk out.

But no, my life isn't a film so I just nodded and said "oh really? That's great!" and I may or may not have fallen to my knees in gratitude that they haven't kicked him out of daycare yet. Le sigh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Key Word Post

A Tova Movie Re-cap: Bram Stoker's Dracula

The Way Some People Find my Blog and a Challenge